News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Wow, I understand why you're pissed off and why you're returning it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

lamE. Mine came in a box, so it was a bit better. You should send it back saying it was damaged and you should get a new one. Amazon has policies for that.

Also, music books like that generally have shitty bindings... the pages in mine are starting to fall out.

Quote from: Roz~ on March 29, 2012, 10:01:16 AMRoz's Thing
That's generally what conservatives do... they lower taxes so that many of the programs that the government funds will be eventually transitioned into private industry. I don't know Canada's financial situation, but in a country that is in the population range of Canada, the government can control things the social programs that they have in effect, contrary to the US's population size and massive loopholes both in social programs and in taxation purposes. Conservatives don't want to have a large government interfering in everything that they do with the support (prime example being Sweden). There are many people who just don't want to see their money going to other things they don't want, and that's a major flaw in the tax system. If only taxpayers could elect where their funding goes... However, education costs are rising due to the normal course of inflation and that's inevitable, however Californians rely heavily on state funding for education to keep tuition costs low. I'm not sure if I said this, but last year was the first year here that students paid more than the state for funding. However, corporations, they need tax cuts to give them more money to help get their businesses back on track, however many of them are unscrupulous with that money. If only APPL could use their $100b in cash to do something (well, they're paying out dividends in Q4). All I can think now is that we need tax reform and better fiscal management.

Also, in the news today. The House passed a bill shrinking the 6 tax brackets down to 2, capping at 25%. No more 28% and 35%. I think it's stupid at this time to do that, but once we begin progress toward debt and deficit reduction and there is less money leaving, then tax rates should shrink.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 29, 2012, 01:52:09 PMThe Legend of Zelda Series for Piano. Look how it arrived:

I'm sorry this is off topic, but you have the same keyboard I do!!!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Roz~ on March 29, 2012, 10:01:16 AMThey're ~1500$ per session, but with the raise they're going to be ~3200$ per session.
Boo freakin hoo.  Here in the good ol US of A I get to pay $10k per quarter JUST for tuition. (3 in a standard cycle if I don't take summer)  And that doesn't include any kind of housing or extra fees or supplies etc etc
As far as developed countries go, I'm pretty sure the US is one of if not the worst with this kind of thing .-.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

At least you're all paying for good majors. I get to pay tons of money for a degree that I don't even know is ever going to amount to anything.

spitllama

Submissions Page

SlowPokemon

I know, I just love music more than anything else and really want to pursue it. I'm not sure if anybody I know irl gets just how much I love music. Or even some of you guys. I definitely want to learn more about it and go into a music career but I don't know if I see it amounting to much.

SuperFireKirby

Getting a degree in music is fine and dandy, as long as you make sure you've got a backup plan. Pursuing something involving music that has a higher demand in the job market is also a good option, because you'd be studying music and actually be able to get a job in something that not straight up performing/composing/teaching.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 29, 2012, 06:14:45 PMBoo freakin hoo.  Here in the good ol US of A I get to pay $10k per quarter JUST for tuition. (3 in a standard cycle if I don't take summer)  And that doesn't include any kind of housing or extra fees or supplies etc etc
As far as developed countries go, I'm pretty sure the US is one of if not the worst with this kind of thing .-.

The US = worst place to study in the world iirc. Hopefully our society decided not to become like your country in terms of tuition fees. Also I knew someone would post a comment like that, but anyways comparing the USA and Quebec is like comparing apples and oranges.

spitllama

The US is only bad in lower education. The colleges are actually highly ranked.

If you're talking about tuition though, yah. We suck.
Submissions Page

SuperFireKirby

Low tuition + teachers who actually give a fuck= Community college ftw

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Quote from: spitllama on March 29, 2012, 06:48:08 PMThe US is only bad in lower education. The colleges are actually highly ranked.

If you're talking about tuition though, yah. We suck.

Yeah, I was talking about tuition, not the education you get in college.