News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 09, 2012, 08:21:29 PMActually appearances are the primary force in dealing with attractiveness. How you think someone else looks will drive your actions. We all have certain physical qualities that we look for in finding a mate/spouse/what-have-you. We each have a certain level of "attractiveness" in which we can feel confident in pursuing some sort of a relationship, be it emotional or purely sexual. For instance, you may be infatuated with a model because since very attractive, but you wouldn't pursue something with her because you know she's "out of your league", so you will be willing to settle for her friend who, in your opinion, isn't as attractive because you know you have a better chance of starting a successful relationship. Everything beyond that becomes either a bonus or a detriment.

Once in a relationship, it takes work for both people to remain attractive for their partners. It's not a case of being shallow, it's got far more to do with self-esteem in how you look.

....I don't really agree with any of what you're saying
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 10, 2012, 04:00:47 AM....I don't really agree with any of what you're saying
I agree with some of what he's saying.  I don't agree with the "out of your league" part.  However I do agree that physical attractiveness plays a large part in it, at least 50%.  Contrary to what you might think, it's not personality that's the most important.  Philosophically it may feel right, but in truth physical stuff is more important.  Plus there are many people out there with decent/good personalities.

It also depends on what you mean by "personality." What I look for is just a general good heart, regardless of some of the shortcomings they may have (like a bad temper).  Though most of the times people who are understanding don't have bad tempers. 
Quote from: JaMaHa on May 10, 2012, 03:54:50 AMI wouldn't really think it through the "out of your league" or "settling for".

There's really no point in comparing women and ranking them in some order. I'd say the more important thing is whether you find a certain woman attractive or not. Say, hypothetically, if I saw a woman somewhere and found her attractive. Based on that, I could then try to get to know her to find out whether a relationship is possible based on her personality. Or I could think "Well, she sure is good-looking but there are also better-looking women in the world. No point in settling for her.", move on and repeat this over and over again.

If I was dating (emphasis on IF) an attractive girl and enjoying my time with her, why should it matter if there are more attractive women somewhere in the world? She's attractive enough and one should be able to be happy with that without considering it "settling for her"

Speaking from zero experience.

Regardless of your experience, I think most of this is right. 

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 09, 2012, 08:18:31 PMYou can't deny thats it's true.

I don't get where you're coming from.  I hope none of my classmates are reading this, but I don't really like large breasts...
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Kman96

Holy shit has anyone realized that all of this bicker has resulted from FluteNinja's ONE post about falling in love with his friend?????

Damn.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 10, 2012, 05:33:40 AMI don't get where you're coming from.  I hope none of my classmates are reading this, but I don't really like large breasts...

@raymondbl uhm I'm guessing that'll change relatively soon
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Believe it or not, we do that with people. You may not realize it, but at some level you are constantly comparing people against each other. There are certain traits that you look for in others, and when find someone that at least matches most of them, if not all, you go to work. Time plays tricks on us, what we interpret as love may infact be love, but it's more likely it's platonic because we've grown to care about our long time friend. It's entirely possible that your best friend of 5 years whom you never considered a potential partner can show up one day and you'll see them as the person you will one day marry, because over time they became that person that you are looking for. They weren't originally, but are now.

And while you may be with someone attractive, you will know there is always going to be someone else who you will find more attractive. Hence "wandering eyes". This goes both ways, it's not a sign of infidelity either, it's human nature to think about other options than the ones you chose. Fantasy helps us define our realities. You may not even consider it settling, but who you have next to you is enough. I don't mean for that to sound crass, but they'd have met enough of the qualities that you are looking for. We all have a very clear and defined image of what we are looking for in a partner, we may not be able to put it into words sometimes. Love at first sight is essentially this, we see some one who seems to be exactly what we are looking for, once you get closer will determine if this is to be true.

It's also got to do with whether or not you think you've got what it takes to pursue a relationship. That level of self-esteem will determine whether or not you choose something with either person A or person B. Example: Person A meets all of you requirements, but they have a considerable history, and you back off. Person B on the other hand, meets most of your requirements, but you believe it'd be far easier to get into a relationship with. Therefore, you'll have chosen person b within a fraction of a second. Any debates you me have consciously means that they both are on equal ground for you.

@raymondbl Ok, you don't like big breasts, that's going to be a factor you are going to consider when trying to find a spouse, along with a great many other traits.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Roz~

Just got back home. I learned that someone apparently used my credit card to buy stuff from Disney World and to donate money to some retarded foundation. Wtf. I never use my credit card and no one knows I have one. -_____-
Now there's an investigation going on, when they are completely sure that it was fraud (which it is), they'll give me my money back. If they don't, I'll have to pay for over 1500$ for stuff I didn't buy. I am fuuuuuuuuuuucking pissed off. Why the fuck would I buy tickets for Disneyland anyways.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

omg Roz that's horrible. I hope you get your money back.

and lmao FUCK YOU YOU'RE A BITCH. Thanks for treating me like shit when I DID NOTHING TO YOU. SO YEAH. go fuck yourself.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Roz~

Yeah I hope so too. The lady I talked to just listed me a bunch of stuff that was bought with my credit card, it's gonna cost me a fuckton if they say it's not fraud Q_Q
Well I'm pretty sure they'll give me my money back... at least that's what I think. The lady said they'll know in like 3-5 days. Guess I just have to wait now.

spitllama

Obese kid came into the workout facility today. Football players teased him so much that he left.

If you see someone trying to fix their life and make up for their own deficiencies, don't be those football guys. Thanks.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

...what the fuck, really? That's disgusting D: Poor kid.

Roz~

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

One main reason why I hate going to the gym...

One more reason why I like jogging in open air (or swimming or kayaking)

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on May 10, 2012, 04:35:57 PMOne more reason why I like jogging in open air (or swimming or kayaking)
I would do more jogging but Florida weather sucks, the only cool places to Kayak are springs(usually filled with obnoxious morons) and the mangrove forests down south(2 hour car ride minimum). So swimming is about all I do outside for exercise. I do alot of stretching, push-ups, pull-ups and junk like dat in my house though.

Cuz gyms are for rooks and scrubs.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Yeaaah, I kinda do all of my stretches/exercises in my room or go on the treadmill in my basement.