News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on April 21, 2013, 12:17:44 PMWell, okay, maybe I jumped to conclusions on that matter, but bisexuality is a real thing and it doesn't mean someone is confused on what gender they like better.

Bisexuality is what it says on the tin. The person is attracted to both genders, sometimes with a preference towards males or females. But please please please never just go "lol bisexuals are just confused!" because it's really really offensive towards that group of people. It's a thing, it's not "hormone ridden teenagers", and accusations like that continue the ignorance and hate and stereotyping.

So... let's not offend anyone, okay?

Yeahhh it's like saying "it's just a phase" or something like that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

That too. Sexuality isn't a phase. You're pretty much "born that way" and you end up being attracted to whomever you end up being attracted to.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

SlowPokemon

Fine by me. Conversations like these are probably best in private.

Nebbles

Yeah, I was just making my point that I didn't want anyone here to get offended or whatever.

In the mean time, I hate paper writing. A lot.

SuperFireKirby

I THOUGHT WE WERE ON BIRTHDAYS AND DETENTION NOW.

Also, sorry Slow. That post may or may not have been partially the result of a semi-destructive habit I decided to pick back up last night.

Also, never said you stop being attracted to the other gender. EVERYONE, no matter how straight or gay you claim to be, is attracted to both genders to a degree. That's just psychology, bitch.

So just forget I said anything.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Nebbles

Mashi

I'm going to have to disagree with the stance that sexuality is set in stone from genetics.  We've found a decent degree of correlation (and anyone who's taken a basic Statistics or Psychology course should have the words "Correlation does not signify causation." in his/her head by now) between parts of the brain and sexual orientation, but none of it is especially conclusive (we don't know whether sexual orientation affects brain structure or if it's the other way around).  Competing theories are that environmental and genetic influences both play a role or that orientation is determined by prenatal factors.

I prefer the Keynesian view of sexual orientation in that it can change over time (the argument against those who claim to have changed orientation is that they were just discovering things, but... I think that argument is pretty mute!  If orientation truly were innate, we wouldn't need to experiment or discover it.  That's like saying we need to discover how to breathe or hold our breath underwater or something; both are instinct and occur naturally).  The perspective's gained some dubious reputation due to failed efforts to 'fix' homosexuals into heterosexuals in the past (to make an analogy, I feel that non-heterosexuals don't become heterosexual even if it makes life easier for them for the same reason that we don't all become super geniuses that exercise all the time and are incredibly courteous to everyone despite our desires to.  We want to, but we don't necessarily apply ourselves enough or become distracted by other wants.  Not that staying non-heterosexual is bad, just wanting to make a comparison.  This is just my view, anyhow), but I still feel that it's creditable.

Also, SuperFireKirby, what's wrong? :(

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 21, 2013, 08:03:00 AMWow wolf I'm sorry that your birthday was so unfortunate. Sadly, birthdays only get less exciting as the years go by.
Not necessarily, no...

Are you ok, SFK?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

GaryOak

Mashi you put way too much stuff inside brackets..!

One of the few things I remember my high school biology teacher said (she died last week :() was that one can't be 100% sure of one's sexuality until the age of 20-22.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 21, 2013, 09:42:46 PMOh you guyz. Don't even worry 'bout it.
Ok.

I was supposed to get a raise. But I didn't.

I have to wait two weeks before I can get it. I'm losing a whole quarter in the process. That's at least another 40-50 dollars each week to not spend.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BonusPwnage