The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

My oldest second cousin got married on the eighth and were pretty rude to us about it. First of all, she wouldn't let my family bring +1s and then didn't even reserve enough seats for my whole family, saying that the groom's family needed all the seats left. Then my (youngest) second cousin accused fat sis of planning to wear white to her sister's wedding to upstage her because of a rumor. I found out later that old sis was actually responsible for the -1 because she just assumed one person wouldn't come, etc, and she had told my cousin about the dress.

So Kefka and I decided not to go to avoid their excessive snobbery and told fat sis the reason we weren't going (to people who asked). It turned out everyone asked where I was (not sure if fat sis told them why) and no one paid attention to the no guests rule (and there were still extra seats), and ate and drank like crazy.

Plus my family had to give them $400 to attend. 

So did we dodge a bullet or not? ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Winter

Quote from: spitllama on September 08, 2013, 03:48:43 PMMy ex from like 3 years ago just sent me a snapchat photo of her current bf. That's it. And the caption reads "and he says he isn't attractive."

Seriously do you think I give a fuck about how hot your boyfriend is? Get over yourself >_<

That's actually kind of rude of her. Send her a pic of your current girlfriend with the same caption? xD

spitllama

That's a great idea Winter...

Now I just needs a gf ._.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Winter on September 10, 2013, 08:53:05 AMThat's actually kind of rude of her. Send her a pic of your current girlfriend with the same caption? xD
Even better. Send a picture of your ex-girlfriend with the same caption.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 10, 2013, 12:06:14 PMEven better. Send a picture of your ex-girlfriend with the same caption.
Mmmmm... a wonderful idea. 0-:D
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Theres literally six other people in my orchestra class that have the same sheets as me, but I'm the only one that actually plays anything. Its really frustrating, especially when I'm not nearly that good to have an entire part to myself

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bubbles on September 11, 2013, 07:04:57 PMTheres literally six other people in my orchestra class that have the same sheets as me, but I'm the only one that actually plays anything. Its really frustrating, especially when I'm not nearly that good to have an entire part to myself
omg that is my life right there.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MasterProX

So for AP environmental science, we had to get in group and do some research on mega corporations to find out how dirty they actually are. I got in a group with my friends even though they're complete idiots... the write-up part of the assignment is due Friday, and we've barely started.

Originally my friend Collin insisted that we research Frito-Lay because "they own everything." But after researching today I found out they're owned by PepsiCo... which some other group is doing.

Now we're doing Comcast for some reason... and we can't really find much dirt about them. Now I dunno what to do.

This is just great.

Bubbles

If you cant find anything, that just means they're working extra hard to hide it! All I really know about comcast is they have terrible customer service, or at least the groups around me do

Ruto

Quote from: MasterProX on September 11, 2013, 08:30:13 PMSo for AP environmental science, we had to get in group and do some research on mega corporations to find out how dirty they actually are. I got in a group with my friends even though they're complete idiots... the write-up part of the assignment is due Friday, and we've barely started.

Originally my friend Collin insisted that we research Frito-Lay because "they own everything." But after researching today I found out they're owned by PepsiCo... which some other group is doing.

Now we're doing Comcast for some reason... and we can't really find much dirt about them. Now I dunno what to do.

This is just great.

Exxon or any oil company (Shell, BP) should do the trick.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Several of the assignments for my Visual Arts class are weird.

For example, for one assignment, they want you to create a sculpture that demonstrates several principles of art, made out of construction paper. Out of CONSTRUCTION PAPER. Not clay, not out of popsicle sticks (even cardboard would be more reasonable)... paper... a rather large (considering the base of the model is a 10 x 10 in. piece of paper) sculpture of paper: not only would that be flimsy, but it would be absolutely messy (since they want you to GLUE it together)! And then they want you to paint it!! What, I wonder, can seriously be learned from this!? That paper is difficult to work with when making a three-dimensional sculpture of considerable size (if it's worth noting, though, I haven't tried, nor cared to have tried, gluing multiple sheets of paper together, since the shape I planned would still have a hollow center)!?
What's next? Carve and paint a miniature figure for a board game or RPG!? You know, that might actually be a better assignment...

I was going to post this in the Post Your Thought of the Moment Thread, but I feel like this developed from a mild complaint about pointless art assignments into a rant about these assignments, and what little value they hold in a Visual Arts course, when they could be replaced by much more meaningful and relevant assignments (plus, I'm tired and angry >:().
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

^It's called improvising. It's learning to improvise art from limited materials you have. Stop whining.

ETFROXX

Quote from: Ruto on September 09, 2013, 08:27:26 PMPlus my family had to give them $400 to attend. 

Wtf. Why did your family have to pay to attend.

Roz~

I love how I had to pay $500 to be able to park my car at my university, and that when I actually need to park my car there there is absolutely no fucking parking space available because their parkings are too fucking small. They made me pay $15 so I could park my car in a different parking. I won't even be in school for 3 hours. I fucking hate my university =____=
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.