The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pit0010

OMG THE NINTENDO LETTERBOX OR SWAPNOTE HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN!

We can't send letters to each other anymore! D: AND I HAD DRAWING REQUESTS FROM SOME OF U GUYS TO COMPLETE! D:
DEVOOOOOOO
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

KefkaticFanatic

ya and its all thx to nintendo's scrub tier online services department ~.~

me irl
[close]

MasterProX

So apparently everything I do causes girls to hate me, but everyone else can do whatever they want and it practically causes them to swoon.

Goddammit, I'm not even doing anything wrong this time.

SuperFireKirby

You want to get practically any highschool girl? Treat them like you'd treat any of your guy friends, but jokingly insult them in almost every verbal exchange you have with them. Also known as the "douchebag" method, it works uncannily well.

But then you find a girl you REALLY like and all you want to do is tell them how wonderful and just keep looking at them forever and hang on every word they say because your feels are so strong for them, and then you end up getting flat out rejected because yo made yourself too easy and that doesn't work at all because girls like a challenge.

May or may not be the story of my life.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FierceDeity

The fedora is strong in this thread.

...Sorry, I just violated the "don't be pricks" rule, didn't I?

The fact is, girls are a lot more complicated and variable than would allow the "douchebag method" to constantly work. Also, if you use the douchebag method, I don't really have to say what that makes you, now do I?

The reason it seems like the douchebag method works is because those people exhibit a sense of humor, however douchey it may be. Not to mention, most douchebags are going to be that arrogant because they're confident in themselves, and however cliche it may sound, women love confidence.

Now, I'm going to give some advice that may or may not apply to you, masterprox.
One stereotype that can be applied to a lot of people, not just girls, is that people are superficial, especially in high school. Even you probably only become interested in girls who you think are pretty. While we'd all like to think that personality is everything, the fact that people are superficial remains. Again, I have no idea whether this applies to you or not, but you seem to be at a similar point in your life to when I made this realization. I was not the most stylish freshman in high school. My standard outfit consisted of athletic shoes, basketball shorts, and nerdy T-shirts. It was only when I started wearing nice jeans, nice shirts, and regular goddamn shoes in sophomore year (oh and started doing stuff with my hair, you have no idea how much that helped) that I started having meaningful relationships, because I feel fairly confident in saying that no matter how nice and well-meaning a person can be, some superficiality remains. And, when you know you look good, you'll be more confident, which, again, works wonders. Anyways, that was a lengthy and quite possibly unnecessary (cannot stress how little knowledge I have of whether this applies to you) way of saying "dress well".

Not to mention, a grand majority of relationships start without all of the cards on the table, so to speak. Unfortunately for us (I'm going to make another assumption based on the fact that you're on this site and therefore have a love for games), playing video games ascribes a certain stereotype. Again, I do not know you personally, so I have no idea how open you are about your (potentially) nerdy side, but unless you know they share your love of something, it's not always the best idea to be too open about it. Once you're into a relationship and getting comfortable, you can gradually "reveal" things about yourself, for lack of a better term. I know that we like to think that secrecy is detrimental to a good relationship, but the fact is, people are less able to focus on personality when there are attributes that already generate a stereotype in their heads, and are much more willing to accept these attributes once they've already determined that they like a personality. For example, my last girlfriend was far from a nerd (and didn't necessarily regard "nerds" too highly), but about a month into the relationship I managed to convince her to play through Kingdom Hearts II with me, and she had an awesome time. So, yeah, sometimes it's better to wait to let the nerdiness out.

I understand that you may not like this advice (or again, it may not even apply to you, I have absolutely no idea), but I like to think it's a more in depth analysis of why girls tend to go for douchebags, rather than merely the fact that they act like douchebags. While I acknowledge that the "friend zone" can, indeed, be a thing, it's not just that "girls don't like nice guys", because that's just not true. There are so many more aspects of how attraction works that I may not have even considered, but so far this "method" has worked for me, without me having to be an asshole.

...Maybe I should have posted this in the unpopular opinions thread, idk.

Mashi

Where did this stereotype that girls feel romance for jerks originate?  When did life become a Emily and Charlotte Bronte sisters novel???

I think some of you are hanging out with the wrong girls.  Or possibly misinterpreting the behaviours of certain people.

For the most part though, I agree with FierceDeity's post; it's good to be confident and it's not necessarily bad to be a little superficial, so long as your uniqueness remains intact. 

KefkaticFanatic

I feel like it's that trashy girls with dbag guys are much more visible than standard/normal relationships?

idk, I've never seen reason for that line of thinking but I've certainly heard it before.. though mostly from those who could be described "fedora is strong" as Fierce Diety said l0l

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Could be that from the perspective of a fedora-wearing "nice guy", the more confident guys might appear arrogant and seem like jerks. Or something like that.

Bubbles

I don't really see the point of this conversation. If you need to act a certain way other that yourself to get a girl, then that's not the girl for you. I can personally say that Ive felt attracted to douchebags, nerds, wimps, any type at some point, so there's not really a clear cut category.

SuperFireKirby

The reason guys will change themselves in order to get a girl is all simple mathematics.

Blind Attraction>Common Sense

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Kman96

Quote from: Jamaha on November 02, 2013, 07:41:52 AMCould be that from the perspective of a fedora-wearing "nice guy", the more confident guys might appear arrogant and seem like jerks. Or something like that.
To be clear, the fedora that I recently purchased for my Blues Brothers outfit is NOT, I repeat NOT any of the the douchebag type. I bought it at a classy tuxedo shop for $40. I had to make sure that I did NOT buy a drag fedora, because I'm not that kind o guy. And I'm perfectly content with my purchase.

A little derailing, but I jus had to defend my own purchase of a fedora.

Ninjer'd

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 02, 2013, 09:45:43 AMBlind Attraction>Common Sense
I concur.
Party Hard!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

^There were far more levels to it than you probably think, Sunny.

No, I know a thing or two about guys being creepy. I have friends that do it to girls they're trying to date, and it makes me want to slam my head into a wall with how uncomfortable it makes the girl. No, some people will like you, some people won't. It's as simple as that. It takes time, effort, the willingness to take a shot, and a shit ton of luck to find someone just right for you. That's the formula, guys and gals.

And then sometimes you find someone the whom you think is right person, and they make you think that they feel the same way and lead you on both in conversation and physicality for months to the point where most of your friends and random strangers think you're a couple. And then when you finally muster up the courage ask them on an "official" date and admit your true feelings for them, they tear your fucking heart out when it turns out that it was all a farce.[/Rant complete]