NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Ruto on May 05, 2014, 06:11:09 PMfor science and engineering majors
oh no

I enjoy and am good at math (or it doesn't drive me up a wall at least), but I can't stand proofs. Especially when the steps are almost self explanatory and yet they still want you to be painfully specific

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on May 05, 2014, 06:52:25 PMoh no

I enjoy and am good at math (or it doesn't drive me up a wall at least), but I can't stand proofs. Especially when the steps are almost self explanatory and yet they still want you to be painfully specific
pretty much
Algebra's cool
unmotivated

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SuperFireKirby

I <3 proofs.
Quote from: Ruto on May 05, 2014, 06:18:33 PMHeyyy Kefka hasn't even completed this course yet so you're probably safe xD I'm a math minor...if I just stuck to chemistry and physics I wouldn't even see this myself. So...I did bring this on myself D;

I think you said you were a biology major? Don't know what it's like for you, but here, the biology classes are 80% women. Fun?

Oddly, my probability class is ~70% women, which is rather high considering it's a math class xD
Biology is coll. Looking forward to organic chem because I have an odd fascination with carbon compounds, and apparently being good at geometry is a big plus for understanding the concepts. Also, having lots of ladies ain't bad neither.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 05, 2014, 08:27:42 PMI <3 proofs. Biology is coll. Looking forward to organic chem because I have an odd fascination with carbon compounds, and apparently being good at geometry is a big plus for understanding the concepts. Also, having lots of ladies ain't bad neither.

Ha! I lured you back to the science major with women.

People say that about organic lol. I think the geometry thing just helps with SN1/SN2 and maybe bond angle calculations, but what helps more is buying one of those overpriced modeling kits.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

fingerz

Quote from: Petpetfood on May 05, 2014, 07:18:01 PMOlimar12345: Sorry, but as of late we haven't been accepting duet arrangements without a solo counterpart. Solo arrangements take the priority with the idea that you shouldn't have to need another pianist to play a tune. :/
The hell is THIS? And people wonder why I don't submit anymore.  >:(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

Dude, chill. If you think about it, the reason is pretty valid.

EDIT: it took a while, but I found the original discussion. here. Too bad shado deleted the initial post. (Though, reading through the thread you can get the gist of it)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GaryOak

Quote from: Ruto on May 05, 2014, 06:11:09 PMProbability theory, a stats class for science and engineering majors. Proofs are annoying just because it's all about ideas in math instead of just plugging in numbers and solving -.- I can't really imagine inventing this stuff. (Would you have known that var(X)=E(X^2)-((E(X))^2 if it wasn't already written there? Oh and the proof of var(X) was in another part of the test. He really didn't skip a beat...just remembered to take out the easier problems :(

Yeah, I know I have to learn to calculate things by hand, but with computers around I just get so lazy...the concepts are not that hard, but writing everything out is :(

I'm a stats major and the first year was practically just that. Doing simple calculations that ended up being two pages long. All the seniors were like "oh that's just the first year and after that you'll just let the computer do all the work :))))". Now at the end of the second year, not once have I used a computer to calculate anything and the assignments are only a little bit shorter but a hell lot more difficult and time consuming. I wish I was back in high school solving quadratic equations or some bs like that.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

ETFROXX

Quote from: ETFROXX on May 06, 2014, 08:28:11 AMAll done with schoolwork! One more class where I have to turn stuff in and I'm HOME FREE.

And I get to move all in the same day!

braix

I have two end of the grade projects due in two weeks, and as much as I try to work on it I keep procastinating. I want to actually finish these on time or I'm screwed. Can someone keep messaging me or something to "Get the hell to work, you 'lil brat"? I need to feel forced to do it otherwise, like today, I spend 5 hours on League of Legends.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: zoroark1264 on May 06, 2014, 07:26:08 PMI have two end of the grade projects due in two weeks, and as much as I try to work on it I keep procastinating. I want to actually finish these on time or I'm screwed. Can someone keep messaging me or something to "Get the hell to work, you 'lil brat"? I need to feel forced to do it otherwise, like today, I spend 5 hours on League of Legends.
1v1 me bro
that'll knock some sense into you
unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

braix

mikey

Quote from: zoroark1264 on May 07, 2014, 09:03:34 AMLater, I'm scared. Gotta warm up. xD
uh yeah I'm still on campus so just wait for me :P
I guess I'll also give you some friendly pointers, mainly I see that you just buy whatever random items you feel like :P
unmotivated