News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on December 09, 2014, 12:09:15 PMNow that I think about it, that's probably the worst response for this situation.
Yeah. Pretty much.

If you want to know or want to check on how I'm feeling, PM me and I can tell you. If you are my friend on Facebook, you know what I'm talking about.

FierceDeity

Big band concert last night
Orchestra tonight (final program: October, The Planets (sans mercury))
My chops are so dead from last night, I'm fucked
Like, I had this part down so well, but just because of the timing of my concerts, I'm now sure to fuck up the few times where first trombone is exposed

MaestroUGC

Sans Mercury?

What do you think Mercury is? Pluto?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

No, you play the whole suite or none at all. It loses its grander cohesion by cutting movements.

FierceDeity

Yeah, we cut it kinda close to the concert, because we ended up not having enough rehearsal time to work it out with the strings (it's a community orchestra). I was pretty bummed, too, but seeing as I don't even play on that one, I can't really judge too much. Technically speaking (apart from range near the end of Uranus), none of the trombone 1 part was really that difficult.

But I actually had one of my best run-throughs of the piece tonight, despite my dead chops! Huzzah!

MaestroUGC

Man, Mercury is probably from my favorite. The B section is one of my most favorite moments in music.

FierceDeity

That's one of my favorite sections, too. I guess I shouldn't have hoped too much of a community orchestra :/

At least we did the two that everyone knows, though (Mars/Jupiter), as well as my personal favorite, Uranus (in before butt jokes).

Venus was kind of a mess though; bunch of missed/early entrances, as well as cracks in the horn part. Which, on the one hand, I totally understand, but on the other hand gahhhh it's supposed to be so pretty

At least I don't play on that movement so nobody can possibly blame me

MaestroUGC

Roz~

So I have a paper due tomorrow. It's about a group project, so naturally everyone has to write their part. This bitch hasn't written her part at all, even though she was supposed to have done it 2 weeks ago. I'm probably gonna have to  write her part of the paper tomorrow, before our class presentation. I have an exam tomorrow before said presentation. Can this semester just end already. I just wanna graduateand get some sleep.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

Why the fuck do colleges insist on group projects? Especially when, half the time, the project isn't something a group is necessary for.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 10, 2014, 08:10:13 PMWhy the fuck do colleges insist on group projects? Especially when, half the time, the project isn't something a group is necessary for.

^^ this so much. My final project for this theory class was a form/harmonic analysis assignment for two sonatas, and we were supposed to collaborate on each with a partner. I just said fuck it and did both because my partner didn't really know what he was doing, which ended up being a really good idea because we were supposed to meet before class to go over it, and he slept through both that and the actual class.

Like, what is this, fucking high school? We should know how to do this by ourselves at this point, that's the point of the goddamn class. It was especially frustrating because I wasn't there the day people chose partners, so the next class I had to awkwardly raise my hand when she asked if anyone still didn't have one.

Ruto

Probably because group projects means fewer things to read and grade. They are kind of pointless but I also remember group projects where no one knows what's going on and we just camp outside the professor's office.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

Quote from: Ruto on December 10, 2014, 09:08:31 PMProbably because group projects means fewer things to read and grade. They are kind of pointless but I also remember group projects where no one knows what's going on and we just camp outside the professor's office.

Yeah that's why she's doing it actually. She was pretty happy when she learned she only had 6 projects to grade. The fun thing is I don't even need that class to graduate. I was gonna do a minor, and I needed to take that particular class for it, but turns out I hate it so I don't wanna finish my minor. So I don't even need a decent grade. But since this is a group project I kinda feel bad for my other team members.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 10, 2014, 08:10:13 PMWhy the fuck do colleges insist on group projects? Especially when, half the time, the project isn't something a group is necessary for.

Teacher said this was good experience for our future jobs or something
Yeah sure whatever
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.