News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 28, 2015, 11:20:27 PMThe worst, in particular, was one who claimed that all gay men are inherently sexist, because they hate vaginas therefore, they must hate women.

I found that a bit odd, but I think that comes from how women don't like to hear people joke about their body parts. There was an editorial about Rose McGowan's comments about that on the Huffington Post (I can't find it now, actually since I'm using another computer). The point is that she thought it was offensive that some gay men act so immature about something they don't really understand.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Clanker37

Quote from: Saria on March 01, 2015, 12:01:12 AMAs for anti-feminists, I think they just think feminists hate all men. Like Emma Watson said, "feminism" appears to have become too synonymous to "man-hating."
Yeah, that's what I gathered. Most of the anti-feminist stuff is titled along the lines of "Why feminism is bad," but turns out to be a tirade on a single feminist and why she, in particular, doesn't explain her position properly and therefore, she is bad. Totally painting an entire group with the same brush and many quotes out of context. It's unfortunate that feminism has gained the connotation that it has.

Saria

True, they're just listening to the wrong people. But some people are plain dumb and we can't really stop them from blabbering nonsense eheheh... ._.'
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 28, 2015, 11:20:27 PMActually, now that I think about it, I haven't actually read any feminist argument which I could call man-hating; only the arguments from the anti-feminists really made any point about man-hating...That annoys me.
I've seen a few "man-hating" comments (primarily along the lines of "all men are evil/(negative adjective), etc.) from people who call themselves "feminists" (mostly on Reddit, because I don't bother delving into any of those other websites, where I'm sure there's worse)... I think this is relevant (there are a few examples of hateful comments here).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Saria

Comments should be ignored. I would trust speeches because most of those people would actually research and delve deeper into the issue before presenting their speech. The commenters are either trolls or just dimwitted and simple minded. Those comments are foolhardy follies of foolish statements by equally foolishly foolhardy fools.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

BlackDragonSlayer

Those comments are the main reason why anti-feminists associate modern feminism with men-hating (i.e. the very vocal crazies).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

mikey

I don't have anything against feminists or antifeminists but I'm against both concepts because both sides tend to overinflate things.
I do think it's funny how there was a huge feminist movement in the 60's involving men projecting stereotypes onto women with bras, but bras were invented by women for women
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 01, 2015, 11:03:44 AMI don't have anything against feminists or antifeminists but I'm against both concepts because both sides tend to overinflate things.
I do think it's funny how there was a huge feminist movement in the 60's involving men projecting stereotypes onto women with bras, but bras were invented by women for women

???? Stfu

What's really funny is how people think saying anything bad about feminists is acceptable

You're a guy and you have absolutely no clue of the sorts of things women go through. It is NOT OKAY to say that feminists "overinflate things"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

"both sides"

This is generally correct with any heated debate topic, it's probably more unfair to say that there is only a negative radical aspect on one side of the spectrum :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

if anyone here seriously thinks that feminists overinflating issues is as big an issue as anti-feminists doing the same i don't really know what to say
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Nobody said that ever, so I don't think you really need to worry that much.

me irl
[close]

Saria

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 01, 2015, 01:20:16 AMThose comments are the main reason why anti-feminists associate modern feminism with men-hating (i.e. the very vocal crazies).
^This. And don't get feminists and man-haters mixed up.

How many times do I have to repeat this; the word "feminism" has become too synonymous to "man-hating." "Feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of political, economic and social equality of the sexes."

SARIABALL
cooperating anal

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Saria on March 01, 2015, 12:47:21 PM^This. And don't get feminists and man-haters mixed up.

How many times do I have to repeat this; the word "feminism" has become too synonymous to "man-hating." "Feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of political, economic and social equality of the sexes."
The problem is, the most vocal portion of a group is often the one that influences other peoples' perception of the group as a whole. If there were more feminists like Emma Watson (rather than those who merely spew hate), there is no doubt that the overall perception of the group would be positive (of course, tying back to the earlier issue, that's a difficult thing to do with the internet, as anybody can call themselves a "feminist"). As it stands, the practice of feminism (versus the concept, as you described it) has become somewhat marred.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Saria

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 01, 2015, 01:20:09 PMThe problem is, the most vocal portion of a group is often the one that influences other peoples' perception of the group as a whole. If there were more feminists like Emma Watson (rather than those who merely spew hate), there is no doubt that the overall perception of the group would be positive (of course, tying back to the earlier issue, that's a difficult thing to do with the internet, as anybody can call themselves a "feminist"). As it stands, the practice of feminism (versus the concept, as you described it) has become somewhat marred.

Very true, couldn't have worded that better. Clanker said something similar to what you said and I responded with,
Quote from: Saria on March 01, 2015, 12:32:24 AMTrue, they're just listening to the wrong people. But some people are plain dumb and we can't really stop them from blabbering nonsense eheheh... ._.'

Maybe it's the idiots that are the problems we have to fix first. :o But I guess people would listen to them more because they want to find something to attack instead of just facing the real issue. Truly a shame.
SARIABALL
cooperating anal