The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Trains

They take ALL my time. They're so boring and you can't read afterwards.  >:( Also, I don't try at all.  You just have to sit there. This year, I'm just going to play Pokemon in my head. Not sure which game yet though. The most annoying thing is the grade level math exam. Don't even get me started on that.

I apologize for the small rant, but they are really annoying.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 05, 2015, 04:52:06 PMWhy do people worry about state tests
They don't actually mean anything to you specifically, they just determine funding for your school
Any other ramifications for doing poorly is pretty much illegal, I'm pretty sure (at least in california)

They're also kinda written to the lowest common demoninator, so as long as you try you're probably fine (again, at least in california)
I don't worry about them any more... they just really irritate me in general, especially now that they're using the CAASPP testing (that sounds so sinister, like: as he walked through the dank cavern, he heard a terrible noise, coming from the shadows- CAASPP!- he jumped and splashed into a pit of water he had not seen before!).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Homeschool ftw. Never had to do one of those.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 05, 2015, 05:50:27 PMHomeschool ftw. Never had to do one of those.
I'm homeschooled and I have had to take state testing every year! How do you get out of it!?!? :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

I live in PA. I was never required to take any state tests (e.g. Keystones for PA) and only need  to take standardized test once every few years. And when I did, I did it all in one day. It was a long day, to say the least.

Saria

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 05, 2015, 04:52:06 PMWhy do people worry about state tests
They don't actually mean anything to you specifically, they just determine funding for your school
Any other ramifications for doing poorly is pretty much illegal, I'm pretty sure (at least in california)

They're also kinda written to the lowest common demoninator, so as long as you try you're probably fine (again, at least in california)
Well 70% of the things colleges look at in NYC are your grades and 30% are your extracurriculars. You need to get a high average on your GPA in all classes, pass all the regents tests, score high on the SATs, score high on the PSATs to get scholarships, and do things outside of school like joining clubs or internships to get into a good college. The better the school, the more opportunities will follow. It's really stressful to do all this at once. I feel pressured enough to get into a good college. I really need a stable career in the future because as of now, things aren't looking too great in my family. -.-'
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

InsigTurtle

KefkaticFanatic

NY college aside from columbia or cornell aren't that good though.  Most schools are probably more like 40-50% or more looking at extracurriculars and the rest looking at grades.  For some the grades are just used as a cutoff and essays/extracurriculars are what can actually get you in.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: Saria on May 05, 2015, 06:17:00 PMI really need a stable career in the future because as of now, things aren't looking too great in my family. -.-'

YEAH OKAY.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 05, 2015, 11:26:51 PMNYC college aside from columbia or cornell aren't that good though.  Most schools are probably more like 40-50% or more looking at extracurriculars and the rest looking at grades.  For some the grades are just used as a cutoff and essays/extracurriculars are what can actually get you in.

There are tons of schools all over the state -.- Besides, you can get in the best schools and not learn anything. Besides, isn't college about an education? If you want a job, or trade, go to trade school. Don't waste your time.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

BlackDragonSlayer

Good news: No test today.

Bad news: Because I'm sick again.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

im sick too.
sick of ur face

no im jk get better soon <3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel