The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Nuke it from orbit

It's actually likely that you have a bad hard drive if you can't even wipe and reformat from the install dialog.  It's an easy fix assuming you're comfortable with a screwdriver.  Verification could be done from another PC with a hard drive mount and some test software.

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Well, the loophole way to reset the computer worked. I really hope it turns out not to be my hard drive and everything runs smoothly from here.

The computer was completely functional, just a bit slow and opening the start menu would make it crash. sfc /scannow told me there was corrupted data that it couldn't repair. Trying to repair/reset it from the boot menu resulted in various error messages ("missing necessary partitions", "there was an error repairing your computer", etc.) If I used a bootable disk it was unable to write anywhere on the hard drive.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ZeldaFan

Sooo... I've discovered something that annoys me.

Whenever some big news-worthy event happens somewhere, people on Facebook show their support by changing their profile picture. Which is fine, like, I'm glad people know what's going on around the world, and I'm glad you feel sympathetic towards others who have been affected by a great tragedy. But changing your profile picture on Facebook isn't actually going to do anything. I can almost guarantee that most of those people have not done a thing to ACTUALLY help the cause. I understand maybe there's not a lot you can do, but you could at least donate some money or something instead of just posting your status "I support France." Oh do you? And how exactly do you do that? By posting a status on Facebook? Really?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Tobbeh99

I guess the French people who got friends killed/injured might appreciate the support. To see that the whole world cares about the tragic event and that people takes it seriously.

Warning angry rant, read at your own risk
After this massacre I just hope that they bomb the Fuck out of that fucking IS whore state! Those idiots doesn't deserve to fucking exist, fucking religious muslim/islam bastards. Fucking hate them!
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 14, 2015, 03:30:49 PMI guess the French people who got friends killed/injured might appreciate the support. To see that the whole world cares about the tragic event and that people takes it seriously.

After this massacre I just hope that they bomb the Fuck out of that fucking IS whore state! Those idiots doesn't deserve to fucking exist, fucking religious muslim/islam bastards. Fucking hate them!
Well that escalated quickly ._.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 14, 2015, 03:30:49 PMI guess the French people who got friends killed/injured might appreciate the support. To see that the whole world cares about the tragic event and that people takes it seriously.

You do realize that it's that kind of mindset and reaction that led to events like this in the first place, right? Don't blame an entire population for a few extremists. Should something be done? Of course, but history has proven that such an extreme form of retaliation only leads to more resentment and further escalation of the conflict.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

@ZeldaFan It's a gesture. Showing united support globally is against the greedy, egoistic and warhungry image the terrorists have of the western society, and the best way to destroy the stereotypes is to have of someone take their stereotypes to crossroads with what they observe. If we show them we're in this together, it's definitely going to have an effect on them.

ninja'd x5
Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 14, 2015, 03:35:35 PMYou do realize that it's that kind of mindset and reaction that led to events like this in the first place, right? Don't blame an entire population for a few extremists. Should something be done? Of course, but history has proven that such an extreme form of retaliation only leads to more resentment and further escalation of the conflict.
^this, we don't need to be retributive towards them, especially like bombing them back.

Ruto

The reason I don't bother to reply to those facebook posts (from people who should know better) is because they don't quite understand things. We can't just march back into Syria and start blowing up whatever we feel like nor can countries close their borders like that because there are also innocent people in those countries in this middle of this war trying to get away from the same things that happened yesterday.

Also those same idiots don't think twice about sending other people's kids to war (as in, they elect the people who want war). And post dumb facebook memes about Jesus and "supporting veterans" which is even more useless since facebook memes don't treat PTSD and Jesus doesn't have internet.

Heh maybe I should talk back to them.

There was also this: http://deadspin.com/report-suicide-bomber-tried-to-enter-france-germany-ga-1742547133

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on November 14, 2015, 02:47:03 PMSooo... I've discovered something that annoys me.

Whenever some big news-worthy event happens somewhere, people on Facebook show their support by changing their profile picture. Which is fine, like, I'm glad people know what's going on around the world, and I'm glad you feel sympathetic towards others who have been affected by a great tragedy. But changing your profile picture on Facebook isn't actually going to do anything. I can almost guarantee that most of those people have not done a thing to ACTUALLY help the cause. I understand maybe there's not a lot you can do, but you could at least donate some money or something instead of just posting your status "I support France." Oh do you? And how exactly do you do that? By posting a status on Facebook? Really?
If enough people pretend it does something, maybe it will! /s

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 14, 2015, 03:38:41 PM@ZeldaFan It's a gesture. Showing united support globally is against the greedy, egoistic and warhungry image the terrorists have of the western society, and the best way to destroy the stereotypes is to have of someone take their stereotypes to crossroads with what they observe. If we show them we're in this together, it's definitely going to have an effect on them.
I'm pretty sure that people who are willing to go to such lengths to kill other people are going to want to still kill those people regardless of what they- and other people like them- do on social media (it might be a nice gesture, but it's still meaningless in the scheme of things compared to what those people could be doing to actually contribute, made worse by people who act like they are making a difference- essentially, the core of what people don't like about the "raising awareness" mentality- in fact, one could argue that such actions are part of the egoistic image of our society). Not to mention that there's probably many more reasons why they hate western society than what you stated.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Part of the whole reason (and it isn't only religious extremism IMO) that these horrific attacks were performed was because the West kept going into different parts of the Middle East for oils.
An example of this was/is Somalia. During the Cold War I think it was, the US was trying to train them to fight for us and defend our oil plants in Saudi Arabia. But then the Soviets were doing this as well; we were both arming them to the teeth and then we eventually both ditched the country entirely.
So we left Somalia armed to the teeth during its civil war, and now people wonder why you can't send humanitarian aid through the place without it getting raided.
Similar things happened in Iraq; we went in and destabilized the region on false premises (fun fact; most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis), took their oil, and left weapons wherever we retracted from.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 14, 2015, 03:35:35 PMYou do realize that it's that kind of mindset and reaction that led to events like this in the first place, right? Don't blame an entire population for a few extremists. Should something be done? Of course, but history has proven that such an extreme form of retaliation only leads to more resentment and further escalation of the conflict.

Ok I get that it isn't the best alternative to bomb everything and everyone. And I HATE that, because this is how I think every time something like this happens, and I HATE that it doesn't work. It would be so nice and simple if that was the solution. And that something like "building a more equal society" and "working on integration" are better ways of handling the problem, and it's so fucking lame as a solution.

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

I certainly hope you never get into a position of power with that horribly destructive mindset.

If you do nukes would be going off left and right lmao.

Clanker37

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 15, 2015, 04:41:17 AMAnd that something like "building a more equal society" and "working on integration" are better ways of handling the problem, and it's so fucking lame as a solution.
Ah yes, equality and being nice to people. Far too lame. Heaven forbid we attempt using solutions that do not appeal to the stereotypical mindset of a fifteen yearold male to fix the world's problems.