News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 07, 2015, 10:26:09 AMThis is what I was trying to get across more than anything.

https://www.facebook.com/godlessatheism/photos/a.486750658038781.1073741829.486729874707526/923370861043423/?type=3&pnref=story
I fail to see your point.  Last time I checked, christmas was about Jesus' birth.  The rest of the stuff isn't necessary at all.  Sure it was adopted from a pagan holiday, but christmas wasn't.
unmotivated

Zunawe

Many holiday traditions have little connection in meaning to the religious attributions to the holiday. "Christmas" has a religious connotation for obvious reasons. But many of the ways it's celebrated have little to do with religion, though there has obviously been much overlap and mixing over the years.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 07, 2015, 11:56:26 AMI fail to see your point.  Last time I checked, christmas was about Jesus' birth.  The rest of the stuff isn't necessary at all.  Sure it was adopted from a pagan holiday, but christmas wasn't.
My point was that the certain Christians who say Halloween is terrible because it's Pagan.
Christmas, as it is celebrated today with all the wreathes and baked foods and trees and all the things we do along with celebrating Christ's birth, you're celebrating a Pagan holiday.
Christ's birthday itself is also estimated by many historians to actually be in the spring; the reason so many holidays (Hannukah, Christmas and the rest) occur in this time is because they celebrate the winter solstice; the shortest day of the year.
what is shitpost

Sir Dino

..not to interrupt the conversation about life-threatening events, but i'm getting a root canal? which sucks because i've been putting it aside for almost a year because financial problems but now it's just hurting a lot to the point i can't focus on any crap. and just before the winter break sigh.

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

My friend's family just puts presents under a lamp instead of dealing with branches falling everywhere.

In pre-Columbian South American cultures, it was common to take another culture's art form when you conquer them.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 07, 2015, 12:43:48 PMChristmas, as it is celebrated today with all the wreathes and baked foods and trees and all the things we do along with celebrating Christ's birth, you're celebrating a Pagan holiday.
WELP. Shut down the ovens, people! I guess we can't bake anything without celebrating paganism!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

If you're being serious, you're completely missing the point.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dude on December 07, 2015, 10:40:57 PMIf you're being serious, you're completely missing the point.
I suppose you could think that if you consider the point to be "Christmas is a pagan holiday," which in itself is missing the point. Nobody (or rather, pretty much nobody, I suppose) celebrates Christmas with any pagan meanings in mind. It would thus be more appropriate to say something like "Christmas is a Christian holiday with some traditions that have pagan roots," which is also true of Halloween. However, the reason why many people might consider Halloween to be "more pagan" than Christmas is because Halloween isn't celebrating something overtly religious (what I mean by that specifically is that, if you ask people what Halloween is celebrating, chances are they won't be able to tell you :P).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber