News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

There is nothing shameful about using online dating. The people who see your profile are on the site too, and if it works for meeting people, then it works.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Ruto

I heard this from Slow and I think it's worth repeating...people look better in photos they choose to share online than in real life. I think asking your friends to set you up is worth looking into.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Ruto on December 29, 2015, 01:42:37 AMI heard this from Slow and I think it's worth repeating...people look better in photos they choose to share online than in real life. I think asking your friends to set you up is worth looking into.

1. Yeah they're gonna be slightly better looking online, but that shouldn't be a problem if you have more interest in that person than just a specific standard of beauty. And if you're just looking for someone hyper-attractive along with having a good personality and being similar to you... then you're being way too picky to ever realistically expect to have a significant other. If all you care about is looks then don't expect to have any long term relationships.

2. Asking your friends to set you up isn't any better, at least with online dating you have some idea of who the person is before you meet them.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on December 29, 2015, 12:06:25 PMif you're just looking for someone hyper-attractive along with having a good personality and being similar to you... then you're being way too picky to ever realistically expect to have a significant other.
NOOOOOOOOO
YOU'RE WRONG
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

ARGH!!! This secondary rhythm is KILLING me!!!! Given the constraints, it isn't fitting, and nothing I'm trying is working!!!!!!! >:( Delfino Airstrip is driving me UP A WALL!!!!!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Saria

Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Zunawe

Quote from: Ruto on December 29, 2015, 01:42:37 AMI heard this from Slow and I think it's worth repeating...people look better in photos they choose to share online than in real life. I think asking your friends to set you up is worth looking into.
There are plenty of reasons to not do online dating. In many cases it's not reliable, and there are obviously people out there who abuse the system. But I meant to say that it shouldn't be the social stigma that deters people.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

@FireArrow you're wrong and no one should lower their standards. That's how unhappy relationships start.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 29, 2015, 01:26:45 PM@FireArrow you're wrong and no one should lower their standards. That's how unhappy relationships start.

WELL... I'M A PERSON WITH VERY HIGH STANDARDS!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 29, 2015, 01:26:45 PM@FireArrow you're wrong and no one should lower their standards. That's how unhappy relationships start.
While one shouldn't lower their standards, their standards also shouldn't be unreasonably high to begin with in the first place; you'll never get anywhere.
There seems to be this misnomer that if you sign up for a dating site, you go on a date with this person only after seeing pictures; not the case with most sites. Many sites enable you to talk with the person so you have a general idea of who you're talking with before you meet them, and it's not as if you're obligated to meet a person if you have any doubts about them in the first place. Meeting people is the first step.
what is shitpost

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 29, 2015, 03:55:15 PMWhile one shouldn't lower their standards, their standards also shouldn't be unreasonably high to begin with in the first place; you'll never get anywhere.
That's just your pessimistic attitude first of all, there's about 7.4 billion people on this planet so one of them could very well be the one, and it's also worth pointing out how standards are never set in stone, they could very well change if you meet a certain person.

I'm not the one to give pro tips about life but I don't think anyone should ever feel the need to have someone by your side to feel complete, there's nothing but misery to be found at the end of that road

Also shoutouts jamaha's profile pic :]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You aren't going to meet 7.4 billion people in your lifetime, not counting how many of those are of your preferred gender (assuming you have a preference), or are of an age that you could actually have a relationship, assuming you're okay with moving across the world as well). It's true though that standards do change. But you can't expect a perfect person; even when people find their soul mate, I doubt anyone could honestly call the one they love the most perfect. What I was saying is again, not to lower your standards or what have you, but to make sure you're not so busy seeing if they fit the mold that you don't actually give people a chance.
That said, I'm only (a couple weeks away from) 15. So my view on this is likely to change... but this is what makes the most sense to me.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 29, 2015, 04:20:41 PMI'm not the one to give pro tips about life but I don't think anyone should ever feel the need to have someone by your side to feel complete, there's nothing but misery to be found at the end of that road

Also shoutouts jamaha's profile pic :]
Truth, on both of those statements XD
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 29, 2015, 05:06:22 PMTruth, on both of those statements XD
no no, false, very false
he just said that marriage always leads to unhappiness
nobody ever said marriage would be easy but that doesn't mean you should be alone for the rest of your life (unless you wanted to)
unmotivated