The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

In school we learn that the US has states and everywhere else has provinces
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 28, 2016, 12:00:15 PMIn school we learn that the US has states and everywhere else has provinces
I see what you did there.

mikey

unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on September 28, 2016, 07:51:45 AMSo for the second time this year, the entire state has been without electricity. The last time it was due to a single point of failure and it looks as though this time was also a single point of failure, although a different one. Great.
Which state would this be?

Quote from: Dudeman on September 28, 2016, 08:55:32 AMSO APPARENTLY AUSTRALIA HAS STATES
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 28, 2016, 12:00:15 PMIn school we learn that the US has states and everywhere else has provinces
This isn't a joke, right?
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on September 28, 2016, 12:58:08 PMThis isn't a joke, right?
Noc's post might be. But seriously, the most division I thought Australia had was cities.

Also it sounds like it's South Australia?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

No you've got like Queensland and new south Wales and stuff but in class we we're taught that states are a bit of a misnomer because state refers to a self governing area which is what the states originally were.  When the states United, the name stuck and they're called states now.  Canada, for example, still has provinces
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on September 28, 2016, 10:50:29 AMreally, you learned those in school? funny i can't tell from ur posts
Ouch that salt is getting in my eyes

It burns
what is shitpost

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Dudeman on September 28, 2016, 02:10:43 PMNoc's post might be. But seriously, the most division I thought Australia had was cities.
Yeah we have states and a couple of territories (it's complicated). Below that we have local councils, or shires as they're called in some states.

E. Gadd Industries

...huh. Did they fix the first point to where it wouldn't cause another statewide blackout?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

I don't know, but I think it's reasonable to assume that they haven't. There are many unanswered questions and our premier who seems untouchable by criticism (he got nicknamed the Teflon premier because nothing sticks) has gone out and compared the moderately bad weather we had to hurricane Sandy and the blackouts it caused in
New York.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sir Dino

screw school, i'm so done with it consuming time i can't do anything i don't even have the energy to go to the gym or workout after class ends like shit man.

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Sir Dino on September 29, 2016, 12:08:14 AMscrew school, i'm so done with it consuming time i can't do anything i don't even have the energy to go to the gym or workout after class ends like shit man.

don't worry, it just gets worse when you enter the real world of weekday 8-5

me irl
[close]

Ruto

If you open your bulletin, you should see the purpose of an education. Hint, it's not just about manners, which you should learn outside of school by socializing. As NYU put it, "A university education aims not only to produce high quality scholars, but to also cultivate honorable citizens." If you're lucky, you would go to a school that does one.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 29, 2016, 09:26:11 AMdon't worry, it just gets worse when you enter the real world of weekday 8-5

Complaints about being fat have gone up 500% since I started talking more to people who work full time.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.