The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

yknow, like a terms of service. Any decent service should have policies in place to deal with these sorts of situations
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Dudeman

so as much as this "meme" is actually spam and I hate having to deal with it it took me all the strength I had to not respond with "no"
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

I'll suck your eggs

Wait...

Yeah. I'd still do it.

E. Gadd Industries

;-; My Washington DC trip ends tomorrow...
I have had so much fun on this trip, and I don't want to have to go back to school next week & just have all this joy sucked out of me. Yesterday was particularly fun, although one thing in particular stuck out to me that I WISH I would've done differently. My group went to this Inauguration Gala last night (it was for high school only, so it wasn't like what's going on tonight), and for once in my life, I was truly confident. I have NEVER danced in front of people (except for the first day of school, but that wasn't so voluntary as this event). And I danced the entire night (after dinner was over, ofc). That wasn't what bugs me so much. It was that, for the first time ever, a girl came up to me and flirted with me. I emphasize first. And in the moment, I had no idea what to do, such I just kinda smiled and held her hand* awkwardly for a second or so, and then she ran off with her friends & I never asked her name, school, anything. And that ticks me off SOOOOOOOO much, how foolish I was. >_<

*What I mean: Her flirting with me was the "Hey can you hold this?" & then you hold out your hand to hold whatever they need to give you, and they hold your hand.

GAHHHH just thinking about it now, despite having occurred YESTERDAY, I'm still extremely aggravated with myself & my foolish actions (or lack thereof).

EDIT: I don't know why I'm even posting this here, because it isn't like you guys have a time machine or something that can take me back to last night to do things a bit better. -_-'
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Here's what you do: don't think about it at all.  It's hard, but just forget about it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2017, 07:10:24 PMHere's what you do: don't think about it at all.  It's hard, but just forget about it
How do I do that, though, without reverting back to my unconfident self that arrived in DC on Monday? The event as a whole really changed me, gave me a dose of confidence that I DESPARATELY needed, and just to forget that specific thing, which contributed most to my confidence gain, wouldn't help all that much, either.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

haha you're so flustered if I were her I'd have done the same thing
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

See you keep thinking about it, you're wondering what you could have done differently, but you should really not think about it.  Unless you see her again, then worry about it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 20, 2017, 07:13:56 PMhaha you're so flustered if I were her I'd have done the same thing
-_- thanks. But in all seriousness, it isn't like I floundered. I just kinda stood there. And before I could react, she ran away. Honestly, I think her running away made me really question what had happened, and that's why I'm here now.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2017, 07:16:51 PMSee you keep thinking about it, you're wondering what you could have done differently, but you should really not think about it.  Unless you see her again, then worry about it
I know... but I keep thinking "What if this happens with someone else in the near/far future? I want to be able to react on the spot then, or at least have enough sense to chase(?) after her." I'll try to ignore that specific occurrence, but the situation in general is something I need to prepare for should it happen again. At least, I think I do. All this is extremely difficult. :/
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I think Noc's on the right side here. While it's definitely useful to think about how you can improve your confidence, at some level, you gotta be able to let go.

Question; what qualities do you think were strengthened by your trip to the capital?
what is shitpost

mikey

When you're spending 1 on 1 time with a girl you just gotta be you.  If you look back on an experience thinking wow I was so dumb or why did I say that ew that's normal.  And tbh it probably wasn't as dumb as you think it was.  Don't worry about it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

PDS: Confidence, first and foremost; then, I strengthened multiple friendships; and finally, a deeper respect for history.

Noc: Yeah, I know. I'm just aggravated that I didn't say anything at all; granted, had I said something, it probably would've sounded dumb on my end XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 20, 2017, 07:07:25 PM"Hey can you hold this?" & then you hold out your hand to hold whatever they need to give you, and they hold your hand.
I can't believe I haven't heard of this before! Many hands are about to be held!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2017, 07:10:24 PMjust forget about it
Couldn't agree more. Take the confidence on board and use it in future but don't dwell on awkward shenanigans :)
innit

Tobbeh99

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 20, 2017, 04:05:22 PMyknow, like a terms of service. Any decent service should have policies in place to deal with these sorts of situations

y, it probably exists.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh