News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Maelstrom

...... I didn't even realize it was a hyperlink.  :-[

But in other news, players using peach's down special will result in a 24 hour ban from online play.

MaestroUGC

That's due to a bug that considers Peach's turnips as items. The "For Glory" mode doesn't allow the use of items, and so the game thinks you're cheating if you use Down+B at the start of a match. I haven't read anywhere if it is if you use the move at all during a match, or just at the start.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

So, what about the Villager's up spike? That uses turnips, would that count?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on September 14, 2014, 11:36:12 AMSo, what about the Villager's up spike? That uses turnips, would that count?
Peach is the only one registering.

Dudeman

Quote from: Nebbles on September 14, 2014, 11:36:12 AMSo, what about the Villager's up spike? That uses turnips, would that count?
Well, Peach's turnips are actually thrown like items, whereas the Villager's are just part of his model during an attack. It could also be that if Peach still has the chance to pull up items instead of turnips like in past games, the game could still be reading that chance and registering her Down-B as an attempt to use an item.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

^Pretty much, that's the current theory about the glitch.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 14, 2014, 06:01:37 AMyo

In *very worried* because I got that impression after spending 40 minutes with the demo
Quote from: Ganonthegreat1I think people misunderstand the meaning of the word "smash" in this context.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Yeah, people just don't look after their stuff well. When I play Brawl, I'm as relaxed with my controls as if I was asleep! :P

Also, you lucky sods. I can't download the demo because external non-laptop devices can't connect to the Uni internet. I'm dying from not being able to play it!! D:
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Kman96

Quote from: fingerz on September 14, 2014, 09:52:44 PMAlso, you lucky sods. I can't download the demo because external non-laptop devices can't connect to the Uni internet. I'm dying from not being able to play it!! D:
AHHHHHHHH!!!!

SOMEONE WHO EXPERIENCES MY PAAAAAAIN!!!!!!

Party Hard!
[close]

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

K-NiGhT

I think I can convince my IT department to allow for ninty devices to connect lol just a matter of making an appointment
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

You should be able to bridge the wifi connection to an ethernet port (or usb to ethernet adapter) and then connect that to your own router.  http://www.countrymilewifi.com/how-to-share-computers-wifi-with-ethernet-devices.aspx

Alternatively, you might be able to buy one of the wireless dongles usually used to connect desktops to wifi, since some of them work as a rudimentary access point.

Either way, you should get around the device approval process since you would still be directly connecting to the network with your main PC, everything else would just be riding off of that connection.

Also your universities have shit IT departments for not being able to figure how to expand their policies :P

me irl
[close]

Kman96

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 15, 2014, 08:49:08 AMYou should be able to bridge the wifi connection to an ethernet port (or usb to ethernet adapter) and then connect that to your own router.  http://www.countrymilewifi.com/how-to-share-computers-wifi-with-ethernet-devices.aspx

Alternatively, you might be able to buy one of the wireless dongles usually used to connect desktops to wifi, since some of them work as a rudimentary access point.

Either way, you should get around the device approval process since you would still be directly connecting to the network with your main PC, everything else would just be riding off of that connection.

Also your universities have shit IT departments for not being able to figure how to expand their policies :P
Okay, I'm not having THOSE kinds of problems. Essentially, my university wifi requires two login codes whereas the 3DS only asks for one.
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

You mean the WiFi code and another code that comes up when you need to use the web browser? If that's the case, try your 3DS Internet Browser to insert the second code, online play should work after you've signed your 3DS to both the WiFi and the webpage.

Kman96

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 15, 2014, 10:39:37 AMYou mean the WiFi code and another code that comes up when you need to use the web browser? If that's the case, try your 3DS Internet Browser to insert the second code, online play should work after you've signed your 3DS to both the WiFi and the webpage.
No, that's not the case either. My university wifi doesn't hve a web page to need to sign into, you have two input boxes, one requires your username, and the other your pass code. The 3DS, upon selecting a wifi network, only asks for one password, and won't even accept my username as a password, but it still won't connect. I'm just out of luck until October 3rd, and I'm content with that.
Party Hard!
[close]