Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

KefkaticFanatic

Like JaMaHa said, all of the characters you have already met the conditions to attempt an unlock at will reappear after any standard vs match, so you can just suicide on a 1 stock to get it instantly...

me irl
[close]

Kman96

I did not see Jamaha's post before replying to BDS.

That's just weird. None of the other Smash games had something like that. It's like they're all lined up to get unlocked and won't change their order no matter what.
Party Hard!
[close]

FierceDeity

it could be that they don't expect you to lose

The system actually seems pretty intuitive to me. They want it to feel like an accomplishment to unlock a character, without the process being all that punishing. If a kid is playing this game and loses the first time they encounter a character, and then unwittingly complete an objective for another character while still fuming about the first one, it might make them a bit worried that they lost the character for good. The mechanics behind this process are just as accessible via google as are the actual requirements to unlock each character, so it makes sense that they'd tune the process more toward the players without any outside information.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on October 30, 2014, 07:30:13 AMYes, I believe that would happen. Even if you beat classic on any difficulty, she will appear.
I just tried it right now- I got Jigglypuff, then Lucina... ???
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 30, 2014, 04:22:33 PMI just tried it right now- I got Jigglypuff, then Lucina... ???
Well then you obviously fulfilled the requirements to unlock Jigglypuff before you completed the requirements for Lucina.
Party Hard!
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

If you mean none of the previous games had the play 1 game in vs to get a try again, then that would be incorrect as that's how it's always been from what I recall.. :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

^it's certainly how it was in Brawl. I know that the original game didn't have that and I can't remember about Melee but Brawl was the same way.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Ah. I've never owned Brawl, so excuse me for my ignorance.

I was just frustrated that I failed at unlocking a specific character, and when I attempted to unlock a separate other character, I was surprised by the resurface of the previous one. In Melee, if I couldn't unlock one character, I would just move on to another until I felt like going back to them.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

But on the bright side, at least all you have to do is Smash in this game to unlock characters! :D You don't have to do anything absurd! (Looking at you, Mewtwo in Melee...)

None of the characters took me *that* long to beat--I remember having difficulty with Dark Pit and Duck Hunt, but the others didn't take more than one or two attempts.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

There seems to be a strange glitch going around banning people for an exorbitant amount of time.
Spoiler
[close]

FierceDeity

So I just lost a round in all-star mode because the last two characters never spawned
I was just sitting there for over 4 minutes, waiting
What

fingerz

Anyone played a 'hot potato' match with other people all as Villager? Pocketing cut-down trees and attempting to chuck them around at other people has never been so much fun!! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

BlackDragonSlayer

I made a Babe Ruth Mii Fighter! He has the Home-Run Bat Agility Badge and Quick Batter Brawn Badge equipped; it's so wonderfully brilliant! Ahahaha!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

My friend just got me a GameCube!! I'd never played one until last week! Wow, the hole between the N64 and the Wii just got a whole lot smaller now... I have to get me Melee now. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

whoawhoawhoa what other GCN games have you missed out on for too many years

me irl
[close]