Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

FierceDeity

Hahahahahahaha oh god I'm so excited
At one point, there's just a clusterfuck of people falcon diving off of each other as they're slowly falling to their deaths on the left

FierceDeity

Double post, but:
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME
NO MORE COOKIE CUTTER BULLSHIT

I don't understand why they're not placing a bigger emphasis on this, this is such a huge improvement from brawl

K-NiGhT

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 14, 2014, 04:34:12 PMDouble post, but:
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME
NO MORE COOKIE CUTTER BULLSHIT

I don't understand why they're not placing a bigger emphasis on this, this is such a huge improvement from brawl
ftfy
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FierceDeity

Damnit, the first one didn't have the "s" and the preview worked out well so I just assumed it'd be the same for the second one :(

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 14, 2014, 04:27:26 PM

Hahahahahahaha oh god I'm so excited
At one point, there's just a clusterfuck of people falcon diving off of each other as they're slowly falling to their deaths on the left
In HD.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

And the winner is...
CAPTAIN FALCON!  Who knew?

On a side note I'm glad they kept his iconic "Pink Tard".
unmotivated

FierceDeity

A.k.a. Captain Fabulous

Unrelated, but I'm excited for more official tier lists to come out. Playing without internet connection (fuck you campus wifi and your complex login scheme), as well as with all of my friends best at smash on the other side of the country, has left me with little knowledge of how competitive play will pan out. It also seems like, with so many characters, many of whom have significant counters to one another (and a record number with actual counters), tiers are going to be pretty muddily defined, even with the official smashboards release.

Maelstrom

There's a balancing update coming soon. At the very least, bowsercides are no longer insta wins

FierceDeity

BUT THOSE ARE SO FUNNY

Also, how so? Are they just moving his hitbox down for the duration, or...

Maelstrom

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 14, 2014, 08:25:13 PMBUT THOSE ARE SO FUNNY

Also, how so? Are they just moving his hitbox down for the duration, or...
He can no longer jump out of it. It's in the Wii U version and the update will put it in the 3ds version.
Bowserciding now results in a sudden death.

FierceDeity

Huh, I didn't realize he could jump out of it before; I assumed the exploit was essentially winning any time the opponent gets down to 1 life (which I guess they took care of as well if it's changed to sudden death instead of "person on bottom dies first", which was the case in brawl). Though still, suppose bowser's on his last life, really high in damage, and finally brings the opponent down to one life. It's still an exploit to bowsercide, because it levels the playing field.

FireArrow

Bowserciding never really was broken though because you had to be at a lower percent than him for it to work.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fingerz

Awwww... That was literally my favourite move as Bowser! Seriously, if I was on one life and so was the other fella, I'd just attempt that the whole time. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on November 16, 2014, 02:50:11 PMAwwww... That was literally my favourite move as Bowser! Seriously, if I was on one life and so was the other fella, I'd just attempt that the whole time. :P
Hence the patch.