News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dudeman

3DS Update data dumps have possibly leaked Roy (not the Koopaling) and Ryu from Street Fighter as DLC.

Discuss.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/

And source of that.  Someone else already confirmed Ryu files.  Seems neat but I don't think anybody asked for Ryu l0l

me irl
[close]

Dude

Might just be an extra song they needed... At least that's what I'm thinking.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

blueflower999

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 16, 2015, 01:46:15 AMSeems neat but I don't think anybody asked for Ryu l0l
You literally find a way to complain about every single thing, don't you?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 15, 2015, 01:14:38 PMis disable his down b?  That thing actually has a decent range
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 15, 2015, 01:39:58 PMNo it doesn't lmao they have to almost be like right next to you. That's the opposite of range.

It'd be decent if it was actually worth a damn against airborne opponents, or even prevented them from punishing you anyways, but it doesn't. Any attack you could get off afterwards really isn't worth the risk, especially considering that for them to actually stay stunned long enough for you to get a killing blow, they're generally already at high enough damage for up-throw to be an option (from what I've played of him so far).

Quote from: fingerz on April 15, 2015, 05:46:06 PMWhat on earth is all this hype about Banjo Kazooie? My friend showed me what they were the other day and they look exactly like the Duck Hunt Duo, just with a bear and goose instead. Seriously, if they added them in, it'd be literally a clone with some move changes... Lame.  :-\

Blue's right, them's fighting words.
...but like, ambiguous sarcasm aside, cmon, man. If you didn't even know who they were, let alone play the games, how could you possibly say "It's a mammal with a bird on it's back! Same thing!"? There could be any number of unique aspects they could bring to the game, and you would have no idea. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were trolling.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 15, 2015, 06:04:57 PMfingerz is probably right considering creativity of movesets with characters already though.

I'd agree if duck hunt's moveset weren't incredibly unique and mostly unapplicable to banjo and kazooie. Maybe aerials and tilts would be kinda similar, but that's about it, and even then, the original games have a wealth of different ideas to use. If banjo and kazooie were included, they really wouldn't have any existing character to copy for smashes and specials.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 16, 2015, 01:46:15 AMhttps://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/

QuoteI just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter

HOW CAN SOMEBODY HAVE THE TECHNICAL ABILITY TO FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT AND NOT KNOW HOW TO DO A QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH BEFORE MAKING A POST

Nebbles

To be fair, I do have to wonder WHY it'd be Ryu of all people. Like, why him in Smash?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

On the one hand, there's a precedent for having Capcom characters in smash, now (and street fighter really is one of Capcom's most popular franchises). On the other hand, Capcom isn't actually done releasing new street fighter games, so it does seem strange to include a character unique to a concurrent fighting game franchise.

EDIT:
just saw this
Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 15, 2015, 07:47:12 AMNintendo has said anybody is pretty much acceptable, even 3rd parties. Microsoft has even doubled this by endorsing Banjo in Sm4sh.

Huh, that's neat. I didn't actually realize Microsoft had given its blessing.

Nebbles

I guess Capcom wanted another rep or something?

blueflower999

Smash is probably such a successful franchise at this point that any company including franchises is probably a good idea for publicity and such.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FierceDeity

True. Including Pit was a great relaunch for Kid Icarus last go around, I bet (not third party but still)

Sebastian

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 17, 2015, 02:54:40 PMSmash is probably such a successful franchise at this point that any company including franchises is probably a good idea for publicity and such.
That's true. It'd be wise for companies like Rare to get in on it.....

Nebbles

And Shulk got Xenoblade more popular, and so on. So if anything getting in Smash for anyone that isn't a main Nintendo game is like "look! I exist! Buy my game!"

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 17, 2015, 03:34:35 PMThat's true. It'd be wise for companies like Rare to get in on it.....

But first Rare has to do something with their IP to market to people lol