The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

triforced1

SWMadness

So all this summer I spent a lot of time preparing to start on an undergraduate research project with one of the professors in the biology department at my university. I was really looking forward to it and hoped that it would give me the added edge that I'd need to get a good spot in a graduate program somewhere next year.

Then I move back into the college, get everything unpacked, squared away, then open up my email to discover that my professor had gotten seriously ill over the summer and wasn't going to be able to sponsor any research projects this fall semester. She apologized and hoped that we could find another professor that would take us on instead.

Son. of. a. BITCH. Now I have to run around all the biology faculty, beg them to take me in on such short notice and figure out what I'm going to be doing, all within the space of about a week. And I have to get applications in for grad schools, visit grad schools, and worry about all my other classes and work at the same goddamn time.

I feel like chucking something through a wall right about now. Can't really blame it on my professor, but this just happened at the worst possible time.

ETFROXX

SuperFireKirby

^WHAT SHE SAID.

Back to school, another year of being annoyed by douche bags, gangster wannabes, idiots, and jerks. Oh and the few friends you can actually count on to not suck.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 22, 2011, 04:28:59 PMBack to school, another year of being annoyed by douche bags, gangster wannabes, idiots, and jerks. Oh and the few friends you can actually count on to not suck.

This. So glad it's my last year.

Greg

I have no motivation to do anything right now, and it pisses me off.

So damn tired.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ETFROXX on August 22, 2011, 04:38:38 PMThis. So glad it's my last year.

I actually don't mind school, most of the time. The people I like and love are really amazing.

But. The idiots. They're ridiculously stupid and way too large in number (and in physical size).

I wish all of you went to my school.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

How about you all join me at College, a much classier (and more amazing) version of high school.

Don't y'all worry, it's only going to become like 2304981724901728x better once you head to college !

Roz~

Still can't believe my hero/idol is dead...
I'm sad. And I cried when I read the letter he wrote for us, Canadians, while he knew that he was going to die soon...
I'm going to wear orange clothes this week.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: DrP on August 22, 2011, 05:03:40 PMHow about you all join me at College, a much classier (and more amazing) version of high school.

nthnx maybe l8r

Quote from: Roz~ on August 22, 2011, 05:22:42 PMStill can't believe my hero/idol is dead...
I'm sad. And I cried when I read the letter he wrote for us, Canadians, while he knew that he was going to die soon...

I love orange...to my friends it represents me. [/irrelevant]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Roz~ on August 22, 2011, 05:22:42 PMStill can't believe my hero/idol is dead...
If only the world had more leaders like Jack Layton.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Yep. He was indeed a great leader, and I would've loved to see him as Canada's Prime minister. Would've been great.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

If only the US had a president like Jack Layton. We'd probably be in a much better of position than from das vacationer (Pres Obama).

Also, I tried finding any news about this on American news channels. It's all about Mummar Quaddafi and all that stuff with Libya.

Rozzy, if you need me, Ima here.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2011, 05:26:07 PMnthnx maybe l8r
and that one word makes you less classy and a high school. hahaha.