News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bloop

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

braix

The function doesn't matter when I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy to use it

Sebastian

The_Subjective_Thought

POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Ruto

Hmm it seems I ignored the whole argument on the other page. Shame on you guys. Here's what ticked me off:

QuoteSo these terms in the proper context could certainly be viewed as sexist, specifically towards females women.

"Female" reduces a woman to her biological gender. Use the correct term. You're talking about people here. It's surprising to me that this isn't commonly known?

While you can go call people whatever names YOU think are fitting, some of them will definitely make me think less of you if you use them. Those are the ones I don't use myself...

Whenever I hear someone claim they are more than 2 standard deviations above the mean in anything, I just laugh.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

The_Subjective_Thought

Quote from: Ruto on January 21, 2015, 05:11:20 PMWhenever I hear someone claim they are more than 2 standard deviations above the mean in anything, I just laugh.

butwhatisthemeanwhenthereisquiche
talkingaboutstandarddeviationsmakesmehungry
ormaybeitsquichethatsmakingmehungry
helpicantspacebar
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

FireArrow

IQ tests actually seem pretty accurate. I took one at a young age from a psychologist and a recent online one gave me almost identical results. As to whether or not IQ is important, I'd say it's much too general. Book smarts =/= life smarts =/= memory etc.

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 21, 2015, 03:47:27 PMMy IQ is 171.

You do realize IQs that high often come with an autistic spectrum disorder?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Quote from: Bloop on January 21, 2015, 02:54:23 PMI just did an IQ test but everything was timed and I didn't have enough time for like 15 out of 60 questions and asdljfhdjfsahfsa

MY IQ CAN'T BE 110 I'M DOING STUFF WAY HARDER THAN THINGS FOR PEOPLE WITH AN IQ OF 110

Yo, IQ is a percentile with 100 being average. So you're 10% smarter (according to said website) than the average person.

Ruto

Quote from: FireArrow on January 21, 2015, 05:40:29 PMIQ tests actually seem pretty accurate. I took one at a young age from a psychologist and a recent online one gave me almost identical results. As to whether or not IQ is important, I'd say it's much too general. Book smarts =/= life smarts =/= memory etc.

But how do you know some random internet person is reporting their score from a legit test and not from some online one, where there's an offer to increase their IQ in exchange for some cash at the very end? Besides, you find a surprising amount of people on these joke and conservative political sites making claims like "My IQ is some ridiculous high number and I've never drank fluoridated water." Or use a number to try to make someone else's argument invalid. There's far more stupid on the Internet than good advice.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FireArrow

idk the online test was 4 points off from my legit one
But yeah, I agree with what you said.

K-NiGhT

idk wot u r talking about those online ick tests are 1000% accurate i got like 300
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*