News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Trains

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 07, 2015, 03:03:09 PMGood news: No test today.

Bad news: Because I'm sick again.
Sick buddies!  ;)
You're lucky though. I still have to go to school. The only real thing I did today that required my intelligence was writing the story for you guys. (I also read a whole book in math class, but that doesn't take much intelligence)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 03:16:20 PMI keep giving myself stress headaches, ugh

That sucks. Drink caffeine, like black tea or coffee or something. It might help. If not, eating in general might make you feel better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I'm beginning to worry about myself.

I'm getting way too like... sad about school. Like, I'm sick of feeling tired and sad and bad about myself because of a bad grade. I think it's past just laziness, I don't know. I can't motivate myself anymore. I'm worried about doing horribly on everything because I can't study for shit.

I might actually have some kind of anxiety or depression issue. That just... scares me...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 07:20:05 PMI'm getting way too like... sad about school. Like, I'm sick of feeling tired and sad and bad about myself because of a bad grade. I think it's past just laziness, I don't know. I can't motivate myself anymore. I'm worried about doing horribly on everything because I can't study for shit.
This was actually me this school year. I could never motivate myself to actually do anything. Ever. And it sucks.  :-\
However, the worst part is, I kind of stopped caring about my grades in the first place. I was sooooo lucky I got an A- in Calc 1 instead of a c- or a D.
If anyone's got any tips on how to get out of this bad habit, I'm open to suggestions.

mikey

A counselor told me I might be suffering from depression and alienation
unmotivated

stellarlights24

I need to stop disappearing from this website and actually make time to create more arrangements. I already started on a music from Kirby's Epic Yarn, I just need to actually finish it. >:( I am going to make it a habit to come to this website more often after finals. I'm just so busy practicing that I forget to use my laptop for something other than typing essays (....yes I'ma music major, not an English major. =.= ) 

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 07:20:05 PMI'm getting way too like... sad about school. Like, I'm sick of feeling tired and sad and bad about myself because of a bad grade.
Quote from: Maelstrom on May 07, 2015, 08:21:23 PMI could never motivate myself to actually do anything. Ever. And it sucks.  :-\
However, the worst part is, I kind of stopped caring about my grades in the first place. If anyone's got any tips on how to get out of this bad habit, I'm open to suggestions.

Take it from the living monument of college freshman dropouts-- once you've hit rock bottom and come out, next time you feel this way, you'll at least be able to say to yourself "Man this sucks, but it's not as bad as..."
Nothing is quite as motivating as the memory of failure.

The desire to prove something to someone is also very motivating. There's a certain chunk of my family that attributes my Freshman Follies of 2011 to my (at the time) newfound obsession for music transcription. Making music from VG games and playing them, what's the difference? It's still all games. Coming back in 2014, I made it a personal goal to show that not only could I get good grades, but do that while consistently having a new upload/sheet once a week. Telling my dad about my recent 3.3 GPA (before a 0.8 ) never felt so sweet. 
tl;dr - The "I told you so" factor

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Hero of Trains

I'm a slightly less reliable source than Bespinben, but I have some suggestions too.

I also suffer from this problem. I have no motivation on actual schoolwork, and I am completely out of it during class. I am really good at not getting caught while slacking off (I can hear someone walking from the far end of the hallway and switch my screen, even if they're trying to sneak up on me), but I can't put any of that motivation and awareness into doing homework.
I know I should be working, but I still won't because, well, I just won't. Later, I'll get annoyed at myself for not focusing because I know I could do better.

Well, on to solutions. All of these just work for me, so I'm not sure if they'll help you.
1. Be nice to other people. If I'm nice to other people, just the thought of me somehow making them feel a bit better makes me feel better as well. This doesn't in any way mean that I don't mean what I say. I still find the best things in a person's work, and I just skip the negatives.
2. Write something. If I write something, or just come up with a story, I can use it to get rid of my distractions. That's probably why you'll see me writing fantasy stories, because computers don't exist.
3. Read a book. Reading lets me pretend I'm someone else in a different situation. It gets kind of hard if you've read so many books that you can tell the plot twist half way through, but there will always be new and original books to read.
4. Interact with other people. Just being with someone and talking with them makes me feel better about my grades and how I'm doing.

I don't know if this helped, but these are what works for me. I hope you all can feel a bit better, and I want to thank you for helping me feel better as well.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 03:16:20 PMI keep giving myself stress headaches, ugh
Ugh
I know what you mean.....I get those ALL the time  :-\

Nebbles

I think this is all different than what help I actually need. I think I might have actual anxiety/depression problems.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on May 08, 2015, 11:31:00 AMI think this is all different than what help I actually need. I think I might have actual anxiety/depression problems.
Exactly. Same here.

Hero of Trains

You should probably talk with someone who knows what they're doing, then, like a psychologist or guidance counselor.

Ruto

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 07:20:05 PMI'm beginning to worry about myself.

I'm getting way too like... sad about school. Like, I'm sick of feeling tired and sad and bad about myself because of a bad grade. I think it's past just laziness, I don't know. I can't motivate myself anymore. I'm worried about doing horribly on everything because I can't study for shit.

I might actually have some kind of anxiety or depression issue. That just... scares me...

I was like that in my old school and nothing seemed to work at all. Then I just transferred while studying nearly the same thing, but with more math (odd, since it was one of the things bothering me in the old school) and I stopped feeling bad about things. Not sure why, maybe living closer to home worked.

Now I'm rethinking about applying to graduate school in Rutgers xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 08, 2015, 12:27:06 PMYou should probably talk with someone who knows what they're doing, then, like a psychologist or guidance counselor.
You're right.
I can't talk for Nebbles and I don't know what she is anxious/depressed about, but my depression is usually caused by loneliness/no friends/boredom etc......and I get stressed out when I'm depressed because I'm anxious about being depressed.
Yes, it's a vicious cycle :p

And the worst part is that these^ things can sometimes cause me to have sudden anger outbursts.....which you may or may not find on the forums somewhere ;)

Bespinben

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 08, 2015, 12:27:06 PMYou should probably talk with someone who knows what they're doing, then, like a psychologist or guidance counselor.

Facetiousness
~Like this guy~
[close]

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 08, 2015, 04:43:27 AMI'm a slightly less reliable source than Bespinben, but I have some suggestions too.
Hey don't count yourself out! I may have boasted my pseudo-credentials, but the problem with my personal anecdote is that, by definition, it can't apply to everyone. You on the other hand offer relatability, along with an actual list of suggestions (a very good one, to boot!)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday