News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

Speaking of mobile games, I've just played one of DeNA's games and was impressed of it, can't wait to see what things they have up their sleeves for the Nintendo partnership!

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on May 17, 2015, 01:31:49 PMno but I felt pretty sick
I didn't want to throw up because my boyfriend was over and he has a phobia for vomit and vomiting

Nonetheless the food was great though
Ooooooo
I hate feeling sick.....

mikey

I'm not generally one to put my feelings out there, or even have feelings in general, but I think maybe just throwing this out there and getting a response will help me feel better.  I just feel rotten and hopeless, like a huge weight is crushing me, like a comically large pair of eyes is staring over my shoulder.  I can't shake the feeling that something bad will happen.  Last winter I was feeling pretty good, balancing school and two jobs.  Actually I wasn't balancing it well enough and lost one of my jobs.  I really liked that job.  Anyway, over winter break my dad left for the third time, this time for good.  My sister hates him for it and always talks about him like he was a terrible disease.  My dad was awesome and I can't stand to have him gone again.  One of my best friends went on a church mission to the Philippines and I won't see him for a very long time.  I feel like my friend have been leaving me one by one and soon I'll be leaving to Utah with my family and leave everything behind.  I had a group of friends from school we hung out every now and then, and we played league together.  Now they'd rather queue up with a random than play with me.  My sleeping habits are out the windowand my fdiet and exercise are lacking.  I've cried for the first time in over 5 years . I'm probably depressed and don't care about anything anymore.  I saw a school counselor and she said I might be feeling alienated.  For maybe the first time ever I feel completely alone and it's the most terrifying thing I can possibly imagine.
unmotivated

Dudeman

Gee, Noc, that's awful. :( Remember that we're always here for you if you need support. Keep your chin up and take things as they come. I'd inject some religion in here, but that might make things worse, so just keep believing that there are better things on the way. Because there are.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Hero of Trains

Wow, I'm really sorry. It must be hard. Feeling alone is horrible, but remember that we're all here. We're your friends, and if there's anything we can do, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we will do it. I hope it gets better. I know it will eventually.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

FireArrow

For depression, try to get a some kind of goal to look forward to, a reason to live if you will. I was in a similar situation in 8th grade and going back and reading my diary, I somehow stayed optimistic by basically dedicating my life to learning how to arrange music and looking forward to finally being able to make friends in high school. Thus, I'd recommend the same to you. Find some big, grandiose goal you're really passionate about and put all your energy into it (whether it be about music/league/magic/whatever else you're into) and then pick some some benchmark in your future (at this point, moving out to college) and tell yourself things will get better then (and trust me, they probably will.)

As for your current situation:
1. Stay in touch with your dad. Play video games/talk with him over the internet or something.
2. Eh, not much you can do about your friend. Missions can be a bitch.
3. If you're friends leave you then they're an asshole, which is one asshole less you have in your life.
4. Moving to Utah might be a great way to start over.
5. I know when you're depressed you want to stay up late and sleep in to avoid everyone, just make sure you're getting enough sleep.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Try going to bed at 10:00 literally going to bed early and getting up earlier will make you feel so much better
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ZeldaFan

I have felt completely alone for the majority of my life... It's awful, but it's not the end of the world. You do learn a lot about yourself in the process.
For me, it wasn't friends leaving, it was never having friends in the first place (not sure which is worse :-\) But TRUST ME when I say this: things get better. It is hard to lose friends, it is hard to leave your family, but it will get better in time. You will make new friends (especially if you are going to have roommates in college), you will meet a lot of people. (You are going to BYU right? Plenty of women looking for a husband there ::)) Things get SO MUCH BETTER after high school, I can't emphasize that enough. Once you move out and leave your family, you find out who you really are. What you've been taught by your parents will either stay with you or it won't, and that is your choice. It's quite liberating, to be honest. You move to a place where nobody knows who you are and you can completely change yourself. You can shave your head, get a pet, skip class, become a vegetarian, dye your hair black, drink soda every day, eat pop-tarts for dinner, and no one is going to stop you. It's all up to you.

But as for right now, my advice for you is to find a new hobby that you can do by yourself. At least that's what I did to pass the time when I was alone. Play video games, play piano, make art, ride a bike, learn a language, do some gardening... Find something that interests you and fill your time with it. You will pass time with something you like and you could learn something valuable that could help you later. That's how I got good at video games when I was a kid.

Try not to get discouraged. One thing I love that my bf told me is this: "We can't change the hand we are dealt, but our goal is to figure out why." I have asked myself many MANY times why the things in my life happened this way, and it was all to make me a better person. I have been alone my whole life, it has made me a kind and thoughtful person. I met my boyfriend, now I have more self-esteem than ever, and I have let go of my shyness a bit more. I've lived away from my family for 4 years, now the time I spend with them is so much more precious. I've come to realize that these changes are only for either improving myself or to learn a lesson.

Sorry for the wall of text - just typed out my thoughts. I hope this helps in some way :I

Also this:
Spoiler
[close]

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

thanks for all the advice guys :)  Especially FireArrow, I think that's what I needed to hear
unmotivated

Ruto

Sick of people using my things, especially things that cost more than $350 to replace if broken. They're not toys -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 17, 2015, 09:11:48 PMI'm not generally one to put my feelings out there, or even have feelings in general, but I think maybe just throwing this out there and getting a response will help me feel better.  I just feel rotten and hopeless, like a huge weight is crushing me, like a comically large pair of eyes is staring over my shoulder.  I can't shake the feeling that something bad will happen.  Last winter I was feeling pretty good, balancing school and two jobs.  Actually I wasn't balancing it well enough and lost one of my jobs.  I really liked that job.  Anyway, over winter break my dad left for the third time, this time for good.  My sister hates him for it and always talks about him like he was a terrible disease.  My dad was awesome and I can't stand to have him gone again.  One of my best friends went on a church mission to the Philippines and I won't see him for a very long time.  I feel like my friend have been leaving me one by one and soon I'll be leaving to Utah with my family and leave everything behind.  I had a group of friends from school we hung out every now and then, and we played league together.  Now they'd rather queue up with a random than play with me.  My sleeping habits are out the windowand my fdiet and exercise are lacking.  I've cried for the first time in over 5 years . I'm probably depressed and don't care about anything anymore.  I saw a school counselor and she said I might be feeling alienated.  For maybe the first time ever I feel completely alone and it's the most terrifying thing I can possibly imagine.
I just read the responses from everyone regarding Noc, and it made me remember why I love this community so much. We may fight occasionally but at the end of the day we're still a big, albeit somewhat dysfunctional, family.

Coming from a similar place like Noc, my high school career was riddled with episodes of depression and just general feelings of worthlessness. I've actually never told anyone this before, but at one point during the end of my sophomore year, I came very close to attempting suicide. But something stopped me. One of my acquaintances from school texted and asked if I wanted to hang out with them. I went along and did it, and now that guy is one of my best friends. I made so many friends that summer and realized that I had more people in my life that cared about me that now I look back at myself and almost laugh.

The other thing that kept me going was actually NSM. I was in the midst of actively writing TGNSMPA, and the interactions with everyone here on NSM made me realize that there were other people out there like me going through similar things in life.

I guess what I'm saying is that NSM may be toxic at times, but for the vast majority of times it's hard to find a better online community out there. And Noc, I know what you're going through. I promise you it gets better. Whatever it is, know that I, along with NSM as a whole, are here for you, even if we don't always see eye to eye. If everything doesn't blow over with time, and you're still feeling down, promise that you'll see someone. It could be just a rough patch, but if it isn't you really need to get help immediately. And by the way, there's nothing wrong with showing a little emotion now and again ;) you're human, after all.

[/wall]

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

ZeldaFan

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

AwesomeYears

Looks like we need to remove K-NiGhT's signature now.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*