News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

i think a good thing for everybody to note here is how until the last post where i addressed bds' condescending attitude and bullshit, my only posts about this entire matter had only been joke posts or just pleas for bds to simply explain himself. with practically only one sentence in 'em to add. so reading at least my posts so far is a bit excessive for anyone to get all bent out of shape about :x
in general fam i'm not the kinda person to leave shit said just go by, especially when that shit gets directed at myself.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 29, 2016, 10:14:56 AMDon't be a hypocrite now, please.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque and yet you still won't explain how, which was the point in my post of how you keep saying shit and can't explain why. just because my words may seem harsh, it doesn't make them condescending.
there shouldn't be a problem with dialectics in general, but if you're gonna call someone blatantly hypocritical it achieves literally nothing. this is the kind of toxicity that should be avoided.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 29, 2016, 10:14:56 AMBecause this discussion is incredibly petty and didn't need to be carried any farther than a handful of posts (because, as I mentioned, it originated from misunderstanding the intent of a post I made). At the risk of being considered even more patronizing, being needlessly pedantic isn't helping to bring the situation to a close.
is it petty to not just answer when someone simply asks a question? how is it petty? again, just provide reasoning, that's the whole point why i've been asking you to explain yourself.

but anyway, you think this way and yet you keep doing it? saying this is not a tu quoque on my part, since you claiming it's petty is not a factual-based claim but your own opinion and in conflict with the motives of making the post itself. point is, if you claim something is petty, nothing is keeping you from doing it then? if you think your own post that continues the convo is petty then why make it? you can always hmu on pm or take the convo there if you don't feel comfortable talking publicly, for example if you're afraid people would think you're needlessly pedantic.

any misunderstandings could be long solved if you could explain yourself, since you claim your righteousness. instead you're still here trying to argue and refusing to do it, that if what "isn't helping bringing the situation to a close".

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 29, 2016, 10:14:56 AMBecause at first, I though you were being genuinely serious, and that seemed like a way over-the-top reaction to the situation (and I thought that any more of a response would likely prompt an even longer debate).

That was an XKCD reference (complete with underlining) and wasn't intended to be a serious statement at all.
my point with those examples wasn't your motives behind them, but how they added nothing of value to the conversation.
and there was never even a debate at that point, you'd need at least two posts to do have one x) so there's no need to overexaggerate fam.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 29, 2016, 10:14:56 AMBecause there is literally only one post to which the conditions I stated apply to, and I assume you're a reasonably intelligent person (not to mention that every post you made was a needless continuation of the situation, which, to be honest, kind of bothered me because it was what I had been trying to avoid, intending this to be a resolution to the subject and nothing more).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor occam's razor as in one should never expect someone to draw your own conclusions from one's explanation. recommending checking the page out carefully fam.

but again, a good rule of the thumb for you is that if you claim something, you should also be able to reason why.
you yourself might see the questions to explain your self-righteous view as needless, but you need to be able to realize how thinking you know something doesn't automatically mean you do. so it's definitely reasonable for others to draw a rational conclusion and end up in a different viewpoint if one's self-righteous view happens to be wrong. that's why one should be capable of explaining and rationalizing where they are coming from. there was also clearly

also we clearly don't see our posts as needless if we're still writing these posts trying to find the common ground. but like i said, you can always hmu on pm if you're feeling uncomfortable.

Quote from: Nebbles on May 29, 2016, 01:01:16 PMguys holy shit drop this issue already prolonging it isn't going to solve anything, it's going to make it worse, just please stop
what makes you say that fam? as long as there isn't any toxicity anymore it should be good.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 29, 2016, 01:48:12 PMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque and yet you still won't explain how, which was the point in my post of how you keep saying shit and can't explain why. just because my words may seem harsh, it doesn't make them condescending.
there shouldn't be a problem with dialectics in general, but if you're gonna call someone blatantly hypocritical it achieves literally nothing. this is the kind of toxicity that should be avoided.
No, it's not that I can't explain why, it's just that I won't explain why, because, as I said before, you are unnecessarily dragging out this discussion to be far longer (and more in-depth) than it ever needs to be. To be honest, I think this is all that needs to be said about the matter, since you are repeatedly missing the point by continuing to drag this discussion onward.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Then stop posting here and talk about it via pm

Waddle Bro

you are your only obstacle fam.
shoutouts chinese philosophy

and i can respect that, just pls don't try to talk shit and self-justify it and we good

Maelstrom

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 29, 2016, 01:48:12 PMwhat makes you say that fam? as long as there isn't any toxicity anymore it should be good.
Because this is utterly pointless. There is no merit in continuing the discussion whatsoever, and absolutely nothing has come of it in the last few pages you two have been posting constantly.

edit: crap it ended pls don't continue it because of this post.

Waddle Bro

Dude

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 29, 2016, 02:31:52 PMit's all pointless fam but we give it point
reality tv

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix