News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Behold: my first sheet finished using Finale v26!

342nd

[MUL] Bad Piggies - "Main Theme"

[ZIP]

I should have done this sheet a long time ago, because this game and I go way back. Back in middle school, when my parents got me a tablet, the Kindle Fire, I used it to download all sorts of games off of the app store. Excluding Minecraft, I spent more time playing this game than I did any other, because believe me, it's incredibly addicting under the right circumstances. But no matter how many times I heard this song, I never got tired of hearing it, so when I had the idea to put it to Finale, I knew I had to do it (eventually, that is). I'm glad to finally have this WIP done.

This is one of those VGM songs that loops long and weird with uneven variations, so I decided that it had no reason to be any longer than 4 pages. Overall, I'm very happy with the end result, and I hope you enjoy it! More WIP's are on the way.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

And now, after nearly a month of no updates, here's 8 sheets at once!

343rd

[NDS] Kirby: Canvas Curse - "Drawcia Sorceress"

[TOPIC]

Without a doubt, the longest time any sheet's spent in my Work-In-Progress folder; heck, I created the folder for this one nearly 3 years ago!

344th

[GEN] Castlevania: Bloodlines - "Reincarnated Soul"

[TOPIC]

A real kick-butt tune that I finally found a good way to arrange, which took a lot of tweaks and some careful listening. Welcome to Castlevania, Michiru Yamane!

345th

[WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - "Acorn Plains"

[THREAD]

Another old WIP: this one, which I thought I had finished first, had a slightly different second half, where I assumed it looped. After putting it off to the side in favor of other projects, I've come back to it as part of my New Year's resolution.

0 - 40th? (Re-Write)

[NES] Kirby's Adventure - "Yogurt Yard Map"

[THREAD]

We've certainly come a long way with this one, haven't we? Nothing that a new perspective can't fix.

346th

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Goal Game"

[THREAD]

Technically a re-write of a long-gone sheet from my middle school days. Be glad you saw this version first...

347th

[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Dreaming of Food"

[THREAD]

Ah, NoPUNintendo -- thank you for introducing me to Kirby at a young age.

348th

[GBA] Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - "Radish Ruins"

[THREAD]

Imagine my shock when I found out this track wasn't from Kirby: Squeak Squad way back when. Eh, that version's in a more bearable key, anyway.

349th

[SNES] Kirby Super Star - "Crash! Gourmet Race"

[THREAD]

Got to talking to a friendly senior Jazz Studies major the other day after he heard me playing this tune. No Jazz Band Practice = More Sheets. But... Jazz Band Practice = Less Sheets. The hardest choices require the strongest wills...

I'm relieved to finally get to unloading these sheets here, because overall, they involved a lot of work. Ones like "Yogurt Yard Map" and "Goal Game", not so much, but the effort that the rest of them took was worth it to contribute towards the Food/Cooking update.

As you've probably noticed, I've been inching away from my comfort zone lately, and arranging more challenging sheets, like "Crash! Gourmet Race" and my latest submissions. Aside from finishing up my WIP's, this new direction is my New Year's resolution, and while I'm not abandoning four three-channel chiptune tracks, it's likely that you'll see them only as often as, if not less than often as, songs from the SNES and onward. This year will be all about trying new things for me, and you're about to see that with my upcoming 350th sheet. Enjoy this new batch!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Hey there, all! Yes, I'm alive, but March put me in a coma...

350th

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Overworld"

[TOPIC]

There's not much I have to say about this one; PokéMaestro needed help on his first sheet, so I went ahead and re-wrote it for him. If you have any comments to help with future arrangements, make sure to post in the above topic! We're all here to help each other out.

And now, prepare to be bedazzled!

351st

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Title Theme"

[ZIP]

Hoo, was this one a doozy! It's been camping out in my WIP folder for nearly a year, but under quarantine with extra time on my hands, I finally worked up the courage to finish it! It's far from perfect, so make sure to point anything out that could be improved upon, so that I can be extra prepared for submitting it for the next round. Please...

That's all I have for today! I'm tired tonight, so I think I'll be updating my OP tomorrow instead. Enjoy, and happy April!, fools!

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 01, 2020, 09:49:59 PM351st

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Title Theme"

[ZIP]
A bit late, forgot to respond earlier, but great sheet haha. Classic Mario Kart song!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

I'm still here; I'll explain why this is so slow at the bottom of the post.

351st (for real this time)

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball - "Toxic Caves"

[ON-SITE]

Started this one in the spring of 2018! After I decided I wasn't ready to figure out the last couple of sections, I put this on hold. And I put it on hold for a lot longer than I needed to.

352nd

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Quiet Forest"

[ON-SITE]

This one I just started about three months ago, but I wasn't sure about a lot of things, especially the bells. So I saved it for submissions, and to my surprise, the sheet wasn't as much of a disaster as I thought.

So here's the deal: I am slowly (but surely) emptying the contents of my Unfinished Sheets folder by submitting whichever ones are in the best shape. Most of them have been in suspended animation for months, even years, but here's the good news: I have only four left, which means if all of them can get accepted within the next two updates, I'll go back to regular sheet posting here like none of this ever happened.

Let's do this!

LeviR.star

Some day... I'll get there... trust me...

353rd

[NES] Mega Man - "Elec Man Stage" (Edit Replacement)

[THREAD]

The original sheet by Dudeman was a pretty good one; that said, as long as we were doing a replacement update, I figured I might as well tweak a few spots that needed attention here and there. Turned out great.

354th

[ARCADE] Galaga - "Music from Galaga"

[TOPIC]

If you want to know why this one took as long as it did, click the link to the topic above. It was horrible, but I'm almost to the point that I can delete my Unfinished Sheets folder and crank out some brand new arrangements -- as often as I want.

But until I reach that goal of mine, here's my motto:

"No promises."

LeviR.star

Oh, how I've waited for this day...

355th

[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Snow Mountain"

[TOPIC]

All you need to know about the pain and suffering that went into this sheet is right there in the topic. Feel free to help make that sheet the best it can be.

And with that, I've done it! At long last, my Work-In-Progess folder is empty, which, according to my New Year's Resolution, means I'm finally free to start working on new sheets. Believe me, I've worked up a long list of to-do's, and I'll be getting to them very shortly. Cheers, everyone!

Zeila

That's an amazing achievement! My list grows every month lol, so gratz on finally finishing. I don't have much to say about the sheet because I don't feel like checking it over in depth right now, but I noticed a few things
  • I think that you could put it on 2 pages instead of 3 where each page has 5 systems
  • m10 beat 3 LH the D# sounds like it should be B instead
  • m18 beat 3 RH the G sounds like a staccato eighth note with nothing on beat 3.25 instead of having an F# there
  • m25 beat 3.5 I think you should add a G an octave below the one you already have
  • m26-27 RH I think it is worth adding the bell part to the RH here

LeviR.star

Quote from: Zeila on October 10, 2020, 10:02:12 PMThat's an amazing achievement! My list grows every month lol, so gratz on finally finishing. I don't have much to say about the sheet because I don't feel like checking it over in depth right now, but I noticed a few things
  • I think that you could put it on 2 pages instead of 3 where each page has 5 systems
  • m10 beat 3 LH the D# sounds like it should be B instead
  • m18 beat 3 RH the G sounds like a staccato eighth note with nothing on beat 3.25 instead of having an F# there
  • m25 beat 3.5 I think you should add a G an octave below the one you already have
  • m26-27 RH I think it is worth adding the bell part to the RH here

Thanks so much for the feedback, Zeila! I'm gonna move these notes over to the submission topic so I can address them when I have enough time.

LeviR.star

356th

[Wii] Wii Music - "Open Orchestra Select"

[ZIP]

To get back on track, I've arranged a simple piano-oriented theme here from Wii Music, a game I used to play with my little brother when we were younger. It was a present my mom bought me for doing well in my piano lessons (which I had just started), so you could say this was one of my first musical influences. My favorite Wii Music game? Pitch Perfect! I just might end up arranging the menu theme from that one in the future. Enjoy!

Latios212

I've never heard this before, but this is such a sweet little piece, I love it! Very familiar composers, and it reminds me quite a bit of the Sprixie Princess Theme from Super Mario 3D World...

Couple of things I noticed about the sheet:
- Have you seen my posts about centering staccatos over the note instead of the stem where there are multiple layers?
- The very last LH note shouldn't be staccato

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on October 11, 2020, 03:34:57 PMI've never heard this before, but this is such a sweet little piece, I love it! Very familiar composers, and it reminds me quite a bit of the Sprixie Princess Theme from Super Mario 3D World...

Couple of things I noticed about the sheet:
- Have you seen my posts about centering staccatos over the note instead of the stem where there are multiple layers?
- The very last LH note shouldn't be staccato

- never heard the Sprixie Princess theme, that intro definitely sounds similar!

- no, I haven't. Honestly, I don't think you've ever corrected me on this before with my past sheets, so it's looks like I'll have to figure out how to write this properly
- oh, you're right! Got that

Thanks, Latios!

I'm trying something a little different today: same song, but two different sheets! I'll explain why in a bit.

357th

[NES] Dragon Quest: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - "Holy Shrine"

[ZIP]

358th

[SNES] Dragon Quest: Luminaries of the Legendary Line (SNES) - "Holy Shrine"

[ZIP]

Dragon Quest and its sequel were remade and released on one cartridge for the Super Famicom in 1994 (which eventually meant that the first four games in the series would all be on the console). This Japan-exclusive package was called Dragon Quest I•II, and the soundtrack was reworked to resemble Koichi Sugiyama's "symphonic suite" renditions of the music. (I highly recommend checking those out!)

Had the SNES version of this song just been a simple change in soundfont, I wouldn't have arranged it. But it's actually extended 3x the normal length of the original, so I couldn't have gone without making sheets for both versions. And it's a nice song, too, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Static

Hey nice sheets! It's amazing what an extra 8 bits and a bit more creativity can do to a piece even just a few years later...
Glad we implemented the system data on site for games like this lol

Congratulations on clearing your WIP backlog by the way, I still have ~20-30 in mine.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on October 11, 2020, 03:34:57 PM- Have you seen my posts about centering staccatos over the note instead of the stem where there are multiple layers?
Quote from: LeviR.star on October 12, 2020, 02:56:04 PM- no, I haven't. Honestly, I don't think you've ever corrected me on this before with my past sheets, so it's looks like I'll have to figure out how to write this properly
It might have not been present on some of your older sheets, otherwise I'd have brought it up before. See this post for context: https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=11283.msg420229#msg420229

It's a subtle but easy change. Go to this dialog and uncheck "Center over/under stem when stem side". For some reason v26 has this as a default, which is a change from previous versions that automatically centers over noteheads.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

359th

[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Devil's Resurrection"

[ZIP]

From here until the end of October (and maybe past that, too, to make up for lost time,) I'll be doing some spooky arrangements! I've got a surprising amount of songs that fit this category on my list, so there'll be no shortage of them, that's for sure.

This one didn't take very long at all. I've had my eye on it for a while, and in my head it sounded like it would be pretty easy to arrange; lo and beyond, it was. And I hope you've got a creative mind, because there's an improvised percussion feature in measures 2 and 4. Enjoy! My next sheet will be from a horror-themed arcade game as well. Place your bets!